WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Gym Renovation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Gym Renovation

Don't panic, they're not ACTUALLY renovating the West Gym.

With the "Buy Game" thread on the football board and the general non-movement on the facilities upgrades, I thought it would be fun to see what everyone would like to see in the West Gym. With the new mats out of the way, what would you like to see upgraded for the wrestlers, fans, etc.?

I think the #1 thing needs to be new scoreboards. Especially with the way they have it set up this season, with TrackWrestling clocks on the floor, it's just time for new ones on the wall.

Agreed on the scoreboards. I dont know if having the 2 clocks was the reason at the nebraska meet for some of the scoreboard errors?

Comment

Ribbon boards would solve so many problems in both the West Gym and McLeod Center....
      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by iron panther View Post
        Agreed on the scoreboards. I dont know if having the 2 clocks was the reason at the nebraska meet for some of the scoreboard errors?
        If you mean the two boards on the floor, then no, as those are tied together and used with/for TrackWrestling.

If you mean the two different types of boards (the floor and the ones on the walls), then *maybe,* but I don't think so. I think the clock operator was just having a rough day. Side note: That needs to be addressed. Even Schwab said something during the dual at one point.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
          Ribbon boards would solve so many problems in both the West Gym and McLeod Center....
          Bahaha I'm not sure where you'd put ribbons in the West Gym, maybe up around the top where the old press boxes are? That'd be pretty cool though.

It would be neat to see an entirely renovated building, especially after seeing Northwestern's Welsh-Ryan arena. I know there are differences in sizes, just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by DomeIsHome View Post

Bahaha I'm not sure where you'd put ribbons in the West Gym, maybe up around the top where the old press boxes are? That'd be pretty cool though.

It would be neat to see an entirely renovated building, especially after seeing Northwestern's Welsh-Ryan arena. I know there are differences in sizes, just saying.
            That's exactly where you'd put them in there for the time being until you can do a full reno.
            #MACtion

Comment

Working...
            X