WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brody Teske to transfer to UNI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brody Teske to transfer to UNI

Brody Teske - four-time state champion from Ft. Dodge - announced yesterday that he is headed for the West Gym:

https://wcfcourier.com/sports/colleg...93ebpX2RHsdlAI

Teske was 177-1 as a high school wrestler.
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Wow a great get. Will he be starter at 125 and if so does biscoglia jump to 133?

Comment

And then transfers to Iowa... Sounds like he has two years of eligibility left after graduating from UNI and will move up to 133.

Brody Teske will finish his college wrestling career with the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Teske announced his plans to transfer to Iowa on Sunday evening. He entered the transfer portal in late July after spending the last two-and-a-half years at Northern Iowa.

The four-time state champion from Fort Dodge graduated from Northern Iowa this summer, making him a graduate transfer. He plans to bump up to 133 pounds, and has two years of eligibility remaining.

”I have a vision & I owe it to myself to fulfill it,” Teske wrote in an Instagram post, announcing his intent to transfer. “Go Hawks.”
      Brody Teske announced on Sunday night that he plans to transfer to Iowa for the final two years of his college wrestling career.
      If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Kid wanted to be at Iowa all along so whatever I guess. We're just fine at 125 with Land.
        #MACtion

Comment

I was thrilled to see him come here, and would still rather see him stay, but if his plans are to go up to 133, I think I'd place my bet on Biscoglia for that slot over Teske.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
            Kid wanted to be at Iowa all along so whatever I guess. We're just fine at 125 with Land.
            I think he was told that there wasn't a guarantee he'd be the starter at 125 with Land coming in. I'm also not certain he's a starter at 133.

Comment

Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

I think he was told that there wasn't a guarantee he'd be the starter at 125 with Land coming in. I'm also not certain he's a starter at 133.
              Oh, he wasn't going to beat out Biscoglia and 133 is probably Iowa's weakest weight. He'll just have to beat out a bunch of freshman and sophomores assuming Ayala doesn't move up.
              #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Oh, he wasn't going to beat out Biscoglia and 133 is probably Iowa's weakest weight. He'll just have to beat out a bunch of freshman and sophomores assuming Ayala doesn't move up.
                It is, but Schriever is still solid and started some for them last year when DeSanto got days off. Sounds like Ayala is redshirting.

Comment

I'm not sold that he left because of Land. Schwab, as are most coaches, is not known to rassle true freshman; Steiert was the only exception to this that I can think of and it was kind of out of necessity.

So, the earliest that Land would rassle would be the 23-24 season, and Teske would either be graduated by then or in his last season.

Comment

Working...
                  X