WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oklahoma State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma State

Ok here's what I wrote up on the bball side, I just copy/pasted because it's easier. What does everybody think will happen tomorrow night!?!??

Last time I swear!

Here's my preview I wrote up for the dual tomorrow. Check it out and, even if you're a *little* interested, or just want to get out of the house tomorrow night, come on over to McLeod. An upset here or there could make the difference in the dual, and a couple of people yelling could make the difference in an upset.

And since nobody asked me, I'll do my predictions here! I'll also put who I think is wrestling for both sides, but leave "or's" listed.

125: #4 Nick Piccininni vs Jay Schwarm - Piccininni TF5, 5-0 OSU
    133: Reece Witcraft vs Jack Skudlarczyk or Drew Bennett - Witcraft (narrowly) over Skudlarczyk, 8-0 OSU
    141: #11 Kaden Gfeller or Dusty Hone vs Michael Blockhus - Blockhus over Hone, 8-3 OSU
    149: #3 Boo Lewallen vs #12 Max Thomsen - Lewallen by decision, 11-3 OSU
    157: Wyatt Sheets vs Keaton Geerts or Derek Holschlag - Sheets over Geerts, 14-3 OSU
    165: #9 Travis Wittlake vs Austin Yant - Wittlake by major, 18-3 OSU
    174: #12 Joseph Smith or Andrew Shomers vs #5 Bryce Steiert - Steiert over Shomers, major, 18-7 OSU
    184: Anthony Montalvo vs #4 Taylor Lujan - Lujan by TF5, 18-12 OSU
    197: #10 Dakota Geer vs Noah Glaser or Jacob Holschlag - Geer over Glaser, major, 23-12 OSU
    285: Austin Harris or Cornelius Putnam vs #11 Carter Isley - Isley over Harris, major, 23-16

I *really* wanted to pick Geerts/Holschlag over Sheets, but neither guy has shown me enough yet to pull the trigger. If that upset happens though it's 20-19 OSU and then if Lujan can get a fall rather than a tech, or if Steiert gets a tech, it's 20-20 with each team winning five matches and we go to the next tiebreaker.

Anyway! I'll probably type more on the wrestling forum because I'm VERY excited about the dual. Come visit us over there, even if you don't know anything about wrestling.

There wasn't a press conference this week, but Schwab still talked about the dual on his weekly coaches show. Here's the link if you're interested.

Comment

Wait, there's a 20 year old kid out there named Cornelius Putnam?
      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
        Wait, there's a 20 year old kid out there named Cornelius Putnam?
        That is 100% what I thought when I read his name

It's either great or really questionable, either way I'm for it

Comment

I have 2 vouchers (4 tickets free) for wrestling meet Saturday night vs Oklahoma State. PM me if interested in using them. I live in Cedar Falls and already have season tickets...

Comment

Great win!! My mom and sister sent me pictures of the meet. Looked like a great crowd. I bet Schwab is grinning from ear to ear, as he should be.

Comment

awesome win for the Panthers !
              Feel the Power of Purple !!!!!!

Comment

Fantastic win for UNI. I'm going to have to go back and rewatch the dual because I barely remember anything - too much running around for photos and multitasking, it's a good problem to have though.

Here's my quick recap on it. I'll have a longer form thing out later today or tomorrow. Here's Schwab's thoughts on the dual, Steiert's, Isley's, and Geerts as well.

I'll have photos up sometime today too!

Comment

Great job Panthers. What were the keys to victory?

Comment

Originally posted by DomeIsHome View Post
                    Fantastic win for UNI. I'm going to have to go back and rewatch the dual because I barely remember anything - too much running around for photos and multitasking, it's a good problem to have though.

Here's my quick recap on it. I'll have a longer form thing out later today or tomorrow. Here's Schwab's thoughts on the dual, Steiert's, Isley's, and Geerts as well.

I'll have photos up sometime today too!

Sounds like riding time was a big factor.

Comment

Interesting to hear the passion for West Gym even after a great win in McLeod.

Comment

Woah .... Jim Nelson (WCFCourier) reports just over 4k in attendance for the meet.

Fantastic!

"Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post
                          Sounds like riding time was a big factor.
                          you'd think the Cowboys would be better at riding....

Comment

Any footage from this one exist? Sounds like a great, big crowd, and I always like seeing some hype.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                              Any footage from this one exist? Sounds like a great, big crowd, and I always like seeing some hype.
                              Here's some. If you have a Flo account you can catch the full replay there.

Edit: Can't get the Tweet thing to work, so the link is up there

Comment

Working...
                              X