WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

21-22 schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21-22 schedule

Anyone seen one? I noticed season ticket prices went up, so we must have quite a few home duels!

I'm not sure prices going up has anything to do with the number of duals.

Iowa State comes here and I believe Northwestern is as well.

Paging DomeIsHome
    #MACtion

Comment

In the past the schedule has been out by now, but also in the past we've had to wait until freaking October to get one, soooo that's fun

I know UNI will host Iowa State. That's the only one I know for sure with the schedule being upended last year.

If I had to guess, I'd say Northwestern, the Dakotas, UNC, Air Force and WVU would all come visit UNI. I know a deal was in the works to resume the series with Nebraska, but I don't know where it will start. I *think* Wisconsin owes UNI a trip to Cedar Falls as well.

I would also caution against having a high number of home duals, as the Panthers have had as few as four in the past (2017-18) and one of those was on a Monday.

Anyway, I think the only dates we know for sure are the new National Duals, December 20 and 21 at Northwest Florida State.

Comment

I did hear that Gordon is apparently moving up to 285 and is going to try to challenge Isley for the slot.

Comment

So it looks like UNI is announcing the home opponents on their social media pages, but someone must have scheduled this morning's for the wrong time. The wrestling Twitter and Instagram pages both put out that Air Force will be coming to town, but with no date/time.

Not sure if that's officially official, since they deleted their posts though.

Comment

UVU, ISU, and Wisconsin are all confirmed now too.

Comment

Wisconsin will be on 2/17.

No Nebraska on the schedule at all, which I find a little odd.

Comment

UNI will be at Brookings Jan 9th for a dual against SDSU, and probably Wyoming as well.

Comment

Updated known schedule:
                  12/4 - at Missouri, VTech
                  12/11 - UNI Open
                  12/20-12/21 - at National Duals
                  1/9 - at SDSU (and probably Wyoming)
                  1/14 - at UNCo
                  1/21 - UVU
                  1/22 - NDSU
                  1/30 - at OSU, OU
                  2/4 - AF
                  2/17 - Wisconsin
                  Last edited by DomeIsHome; 09-28-2021, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Would we know about las vegas or midlands by now?

Comment

Originally posted by iron panther View Post
                      Would we know about las vegas or midlands by now?
                      UNI's not going to Vegas, unless something's changed in the last month or so. I was told that it was not an OR between The Midlands and the new dual tournament in Florida, but I don't know which one UNI has settled on for sure (if not both).

Comment

They have to do at least 1 early season tourney right?

Comment

I don't think they HAVE to

Traditionally they do, but it's not like a rule or anything.

Comment

For a program like UNI, it'd be weird if we didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by DomeIsHome View Post

UNI's not going to Vegas, unless something's changed in the last month or so. I was told that it was not an OR between The Midlands and the new dual tournament in Florida, but I don't know which one UNI has settled on for sure (if not both).

Florida per this article.

Comment

Working...
                              X