WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Gym news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DomeIsHome View Post

I *mostly* agree with this. But Schwab is a different animal.

And there is no "if" on the Illinois job. Schwab was offered it. He turned it down.
    The if I think was for if he knew what was going to happen here from the administration with West Gym closing and an apparent lack of commitment to the program.

Comment

This whole thing is still so weird to me. It needs $20M to be operational, but yet they aren't saying they are going to tear it down. Does that mean they are going to "eventually" pump money into it for another purpose? And if so what? The dorms aren't full, so no need there. Seems like there is plenty of classroom space. What is the plan for the structure or space?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIpanther99 View Post
        This whole thing is still so weird to me. It needs $20M to be operational, but yet they aren't saying they are going to tear it down. Does that mean they are going to "eventually" pump money into it for another purpose? And if so what? The dorms aren't full, so no need there. Seems like there is plenty of classroom space. What is the plan for the structure or space?
        Why have a plan? It's been working out so well without one *sarcasm font*

Comment

Originally posted by CincyPanther88 View Post
          I know Schwab has roots here but he may have been a fool to turn down that Illinois(?) job - if it was offered to him. I get the feeling the athletic department is going to screw around and they will have a makeshift wrestling room that a decent sized high school would laugh at. I get the feeling the West Gym will get torn down and God only knows what will take its place. Schwab may feel he's getting the fuzzy end of the lollypop from the AD and the next job offer that comes around, he'll snap up.
          No mystery to it at all. Schwab stated very clearly why he didn't take the Illinois job and none of his reasons had ANYTHING to do with what is being said here. Zero.
          Which winning percentage is better: 65% or 61%?

Comment

What were his reasons than?

Comment

Originally posted by iron panther View Post
              You can find it. It was a full interview.

Comment

Originally posted by iron panther View Post
                He threw out huge unrealistic numbers and hoped the no one would actually pay attention or think about what he said. Apparently the price tag for a roof and glass railings is now $20M.

He didn't want to save it. He didn't even try to save it and now wrestling is literally homeless in a year.
                #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

He threw out huge unrealistic numbers and hoped the no one would actually pay attention or think about what he said. Apparently the price tag for a roof and glass railings is now $20M.

He didn't want to save it. He didn't even try to save it and now wrestling is literally homeless in a year.
                  I may be wrong, but I think Iron Panther was asking me. That's why I said the interview can be found somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                  X