WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
    3rd ain't too bad for the redshirt freshman season.
    Given the finalists, 3rd is incredible. He's right there with those guys, but the finalists at 184 should have been the finalists.
    Which winning percentage is better: 61% or 65%?

Comment

Congratulations to Keckeisen!! Back-to-back thirds to start off your career is amazing. And to beat Hidlay and then avenge the loss to Truax makes it even more special.

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
        True.

Then there's Ryan Loder, the greatest UNI one-time AA, at 184 in 2013.

Going back several years, one of UNI's best 184 pounders, Kyle Hanson, a two-time AA in 2001 and 2002. Man had a killer low single!

197 has also been a very strong weight class for us over the past two decades.

Comment

Is everyone in our lineup expected to return? We’ve got a great core of guys to keep building around.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_Panther View Post
            Is everyone in our lineup expected to return? We’ve got a great core of guys to keep building around.
            Basically, yes, they all return. The only senior is Isley, who wrestled only a few times this year, I'm assuming due to injury.

Comment

It was my understanding Isley chose not to compete and was not injured. Sure would of been nice to see keckeisen get a shot at amine.

Comment

I’d like to think Keckeisen would’ve been able to take down Amine. Truax almost beat him in the semis. Ironically even though Keckeisen didn’t make the semis or finals he still managed to get the two biggest victories so far in his career by beating Hidlay and Truax.

I saw Julian Farber’s name pop up on a list of potential ranked wrestlers at 141 next year. Good to see that he and Happel are possibly going to really push each other to make the lineup. Competition in the practice room will only make them better.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_Panther View Post
                  Ironically even though Keckeisen didn’t make the semis or finals he still managed to get the two biggest victories so far in his career by beating Hidlay and Truax.
                  He figured out after his first go around with Truax that he had to hit him with double legs, which he's good at doing anyway. Truax' flexibility on that single leg was insane and impenetrable.

Comment

Originally posted by iron panther View Post
                    It was my understanding Isley chose not to compete and was not injured. Sure would of been nice to see keckeisen get a shot at amine.
                    I have no inside information to say otherwise, but I mentioned before that that would be the first time that I've ever heard of someone who stays on a team and doesn't want to compete.

If so, I can only wonder why.

Comment

There is a first time for everything, same reason why mcconkey wasnt wrestling just lost the passion for it. If he was healthy enough to wrestle when gordon was hurt with ia state why wouldnt he of finished the season off at big 12 championships.

Comment

Originally posted by iron panther View Post
                        There is a first time for everything, same reason why mcconkey wasnt wrestling just lost the passion for it. If he was healthy enough to wrestle when gordon was hurt with ia state why wouldnt he of finished the season off at big 12 championships.
                        He may not have been 100% in that meet and was seeing how he felt.

Aside from that, I'd have no idea why he'd do that, but I've just never heard of an athlete who didn't want to be the starter, all the while busting his/her butt in the practick room all season long just to not compete.

Comment

Gordon was not physically ready 100% for that meet and Isley thankfully decided he would step up for it. If anything Isley was not 100% mentally into it.

Comment

Working...
                          X