WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NW @ Iowa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NW @ Iowa

Didn't see a thread started. I picked NW to win...(as i do every year). NW hasn't disappointed! NW up 17-10 4th quarter, 8 minutes left. Iowa to get the ball back. Stanzi out with a ankle sprain.

Re: NW @ Iowa

Iowa - 4 turnovers

Comment

NORHTWESTERN HOLDS and WINS!!!!! 17-10!!! Hawk nation is irrate and in dismay!!!

Iowa led 10-0 after the first
      Trailed 14-0 at the half, and Northwestern got it done!!!! Thank goodness.

Bullsh*t comments from Iowa faithful in 3...2...1....

Comment

Originally posted by Purrrrrfect View Post
        NORHTWESTERN HOLDS and WINS!!!!! 17-10!!! Hawk nation is irrate and in dismay!!!

Iowa led 10-0 after the first
        Trailed 14-0 at the half, and Northwestern got it done!!!! Thank goodness.

Does this hurt our chances for a playoff spot? I picked Iowa to lose to OSU anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Purrrrrfect View Post
          Iowa fans will complain that their receivers were held/interfered with on that last drive. Which they were to some extent. But such things aren't always called (kind of like holding on the line). And of course, the Hawks were the beneficiaries of those type calls going their way numerous times in previous games.

So yeah, they'll be whining about that. But so would any other fanbase in that situation. *shrug*

Comment

Iowa got screwed on some PI calls at the end. But, what goes around, comes around I guess.
            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Just shows that an average QB (stanzi) is all that team has...he goes down, they were horrible.

Comment

Bryan bulaga says in postgame that vandenberg had not taken any first team snaps all year...wow.

Big TD run by wegher called back on iffy call as well.

Really ugly game all around.

Comment

Can someone please move this the hell off this board to the lounge?

Comment

If UNI wins out, we will be in the playoffs regardless of what Iowa does.
                    "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
                      If UNI wins out, we will be in the playoffs regardless of what Iowa does.
                      We are not guaranteed to make the playoffs if we win out at this point, but it is likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Panther View Post
                        We are not guaranteed to make the playoffs if we win out at this point, but it is likely.
                        Lets put it this way. I would be willing to bet a lot of money that if we win out... we're in the playoffs. Just a... hunch...
                        "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post
                          Lets put it this way. I would be willing to bet a lot of money that if we win out... we're in the playoffs. Just a... hunch...
                          I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                            Big TD run by wegher called back on iffy call as well.
                            Playing line, those were the calls that pissed me off the most. I mean, lineman "hold" the sides of the shoulder pads every play...and something like that gets called, on a pancake no less?

I guess you could make a case for it being holding, but it was questionable at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffitz View Post
                              Playing line, those were the calls that pissed me off the most. I mean, lineman "hold" the sides of the shoulder pads every play...and something like that gets called, on a pancake no less?

I guess you could make a case for it being holding, but it was questionable at best.
                              It was a tough call to make. Especially when the flag was thrown.

I honestly think that the judge saw the hole, and saw Eubanks on top of the guy, and thought that there had to be a hold.

This was the problem with last week. No matter what the reality of the situation was, the Big 10, and Iowa, got killed in the court of public opinion. Any controversies this week, and it would have been magnified tenfold.

Comment

Working...
                              X