WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated Panther Nation

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Panther Nation

Here we go! Everything is new. New server, new theme, updated database, and updated software.

I'm still working through some things and trying to decide if mobile is working like I want or if I'll add Tapatalk.

Bug reports or missing features let me know here.

Nice. Just logged on and it made me say out loud to my wife that PantherNation.com has gotten a make-over. Looks good. And the "New Topics" brought me right here. Ahhhhh. Feels good. Thanks.

Comment

Well! Not the same as this morning! Will have to look for the way to get a list of threads with new posts. Thanks for your work, Ames

Comment

Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post
        Well! Not the same as this morning! Will have to look for the way to get a list of threads with new posts. Thanks for your work, Ames
        In the top left there is a "New Topics" under forums. Also top right will have a counter of threads you have posted in with updates.

Comment

Will the supporting member option be available at all? I can't find a working link anymore

Comment

A like button, yeah! It's going to take a little getting used to, but I definitely like the site redesign.

For those wondering about unread post lists, I have a few things to point out that may be helpful to some. After you go to the New Topics, if you hover over the page icon at the left of the thread title it will tell you if you have any unread posts in that thread. Right now mine tells me I have quite a few which isn't really true, but I assume that has to do with the switch over because the status was frozen at some point and I have read posts since that point. If you click on the little down arrow to the right of that page icon it will take you to the first unread (per the site) post. After that the thread will no longer show up with unread posts. I believe if there is a little green dot on the page icon it means you have posted in that thread.
            GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Thanks was worried about the unread posts. Site looks very good. I like the like button
              "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Hey Ames, LOVE the site redesign!! Thanks for all you do for this site!!

Possible bug report. Is it intentional that if you are trying to look at Today's Posts that it always asks for Human verification when not logged in? That's different with the new server and all. Sometimes, I like to scope today's posts without having to log in and I find the verification obstructive/additional steps.

Comment

Originally posted by KCPantherFan View Post
                  Hey Ames, LOVE the site redesign!! Thanks for all you do for this site!!

Possible bug report. Is it intentional that if you are trying to look at Today's Posts that it always asks for Human verification when not logged in? That's different with the new server and all. Sometimes, I like to scope today's posts without having to log in and I find the verification obstructive/additional steps.
                  Thanks. That's a tough one I'll have to think about. The human verification is there on searches to keep someone from making the site slow by a bot doing a bunch of searches. But the todays posts link is technically doing a search.

I'm also thinking of making the human verification something else other than the question.

We have all summer to sort this stuff out though. We will get it perfect by football season

Comment

Wow, spiffy!!

Comment

Thank you Ames - that had to be a ton of work to move/change everything.

BTW - is there a method for marking everything read? Something I used on the previous design.
                      Last edited by Trapped in California; 06-26-2017, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post

BTW - is there a method for marking everything read? Something I used on the previous design.
                        Wondering the same thing, and found it right after I read your post

Bottom of the forums menus

I'm trying to upload a photo but have yet to figure out how without going to a third party hosting site. It seems like this new set up allows for the ability to upload direct, but it keeps saying the files are corrupted.

EDIT - went the third party route

Last edited by claw; 06-26-2017, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post

You are welcome. It was a month of work to get here. Well worth it.

Like claw said each forum has a mark as read at the bottom. Also I added a "Mark All Read" to the top. This marks everything as read.

Comment

Other image attachments I haven't decided on what or how much. I wanted to let things settle out and then decide.
                            Last edited by AmesPanther; 06-26-2017, 08:07 AM.

Comment

We are running SSL everything now also. So if you see any security warnings or don't see the green lock on any page let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X