WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panther Nation Fantasy Football 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panther Nation Fantasy Football 2017

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend! Now that the 4th is out of the way, the next thing most people have to look forward to is the start of football! With the start of the football season comes the start of fantasy football season! I will be once again running the league this year and a big thank you to everyone who played last year!

Last year we had 12 people in the league (mostly due to getting the league started to late), but I would be willing to increase the size to 16 (maybe two leagues) if there is enough interest. So the anyone that is interested please let me know either on this thread or send me a pm. I will keep a running tally going so people know how many spots are left. Once we get enough people on board we can start working out a time for the draft (usually sometime in late august). If you guys have any questions or suggestions please let me know! Thanks in advance for playing!

Count me in

Comment

Ditto...thx again for being the commish!!

Comment

Is this for college or NFL football?

Comment

Nfl, i dont even know where you would go for college fantasy football.

Comment

I'm in again as well

Comment

Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post
              Nfl, i dont even know where you would go for college fantasy football.

I don't know where to go for college fantasy football either. I was hoping this might be it.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post

I don't know where to go for college fantasy football either. I was hoping this might be it.
                Where I used to work we had a college football pick 'em contest. I would not be opposed to playing commish for that again if people are interested. Either that I would be down for FF.
                Oh, and let me make this perfectly clear to you people: you go to UNI, NOT IOWA. The Hawkeyes and their fans do not give a crap if you remain "true to them" or some stupid self-fulfulling bullcrap like that.-OTP

What i say are my opinions and mine alone, and not that of anyone associated with me.

Comment

Ill play again.

Comment

count me in again

Comment

Originally posted by pantherclaw View Post

Where I used to work we had a college football pick 'em contest. I would not be opposed to playing commish for that again if people are interested. Either that I would be down for FF.

I would be interested in a game with college football. Sorry, but I don't follow and don't care enough about NFL. Watching David Johnson is about it.

Comment

We had talked last year about adding a injured reserve position to reserve lineups

Comment

I'm interested.
                          "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

I would play

Comment

Just a quick update, we are at 9 people that want to play. At very least we need one more person but I would like to see at least 3 more join. Last year we used ESPN for the league, it was my first time using it for fantasy football and I hated it. So this year we will be going to yahoo. If you were thinking about playing but didn't want to play, well you are in luck! This league is completely free!

Some changes to the league from last year for those of you who played. We will be adding an IR spot. I am also going to make it a 0.5 PPR, since I think that is the best balance for a scoring format. One more surprise add, we are going to do a FAAB (Free Agent Acquisition Budget) waivers this year. What that means is if there is a guy on the waivers you want, you bid what you want to pay for him and high bidder gets the player. If two players bid for the same player the lower bid gets to keep their money. Also trades can only be vetoed by me, with saying that it would take a very lopsided trade for me to veto it, like DJ for some guy on a practice squad.

If you have any questions or suggestions post them here or send me a private message. I am planning on creating the league this weekend so keep an eye out for the link so you can sign up!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X