WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

History of UNI athletics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History of UNI athletics

I know this may have a limited interest. However, I think a few UNI fans here may like this. On Saturday, April 14th the Cedar Falls Authors festival is having a presentation on the history of UNI athletics. Jim Kelly is presenting a lecture called, "From tutors to athletes: A history of UNI athletics. It is at the Rod library from 2pm-3pm in room 301.

I just threw this out there if anyone else has a UNI athletics history interest.

Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post
    I know this may have a limited interest. However, I think a few UNI fans here may like this. On Saturday, April 14th the Cedar Falls Authors festival is having a presentation on the history of UNI athletics. Jim Kelly is presenting a lecture called, "From tutors to athletes: A history of UNI athletics. It is at the Rod library from 2pm-3pm in room 301.

I just threw this out there if anyone else has a UNI athletics history interest.

Very cool. Nice to see a community group giving good interest to UNI athletics. Might there be a written transcript? I would love to read it. Or maybe this is related to a forthcoming book (he says hopefully).

Comment

There is already a book out by a similar title. I have two of them if you want a copy, UNIdad.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherFan View Post
        There is already a book out by a similar title. I have two of them if you want a copy, UNIdad.

Thanks for the offer. But I would prefer to buy it so that the author gets credit in the book-selling world. I didn't find it on Amazon. Do you know where it is available for purchase?

Comment

[QUOTE=UNIdad;n679433Thanks for the offer. But I would prefer to buy it so that the author gets credit in the book-selling world. I didn't find it on Amazon. Do you know where it is available for purchase?[/QUOTE]

My wife bought one at University Book & Supply.

Comment

Here's a link to buy the new one:

https://cgi.access.uni.edu/cgi-bin/c...gi?master_id=4
            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
              according to that site, each purchase of the new basketball book comes with a free copy of the "Tutors to Panthers" book

Comment

Generally at these types of events the authors bring copies of published works for sale. Events are free to public. Writer gets money off of sales. No obligation for audience to make a purchase but a place to purchase the work if you like it. Plus, author will sign it too.

Comment

Sorry folks. I just got an updated schedule from Cedar Falls Authors festival tonite and they have cancelled this weekend's event. They still had it circulating during last weekend's events or I wouldn't have posted it. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Comment

Sorry folks. I just got an updated schedule from Cedar Falls Authors festival tonite and they have cancelled this weekend's event. They still had it circulating during last weekend's events or I wouldn't have posted it. I apologize for any inconvenience.

No problem. I was glad to hear about the book anyway.

Comment

Panther Athletics sent something out this morning and included this:

"HISTORICAL KEEPSAKE ON SALE
                      Dr. James Kelly offers an in-depth look at the history of UNI men's basketball. Relive the thrills of the 1960s when UNI was in the Division II playoffs and wrap it up with stories from the latest NCAA appearances in 2015 and 2016.
                      The first 500 books will receive a complimentary copy of "Tutors to Panthers." All sales benefit the UNI men's basketball program.
                      Purchase a copy for $20 online."
                      "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Working...
                      X