WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI Neon Bar sign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI Neon Bar sign

Anyone know the best place for ordinary people to get a UNI neon bar sign? With a beer logo is ok but Jethro's has a sweet one with out it, just the uni with panther logo. I really want.

Man cave goals. Unfortunately I have no bar connections

Neon Specialties in Des Moines made me an exact replica of the sign you saw at Jethro's. His name is Charlie and his phone number is (515) 201-9939. He works out of his home on the south side of Des Moines. He also made one for the Ralley in The Valley.

Comment

That sounds very cool. Can you post a picture and give a ball park cost?
      If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
        Neon Specialties in Des Moines made me an exact replica of the sign you saw at Jethro's. His name is Charlie and his phone number is (515) 201-9939. He works out of his home on the south side of Des Moines. He also made one for the Ralley in The Valley.
        Awesome. Roughly how much? I know it's gonna be a lot but not sure I'm prepared for how much. Lol.

Comment

I’d love to buy one as well. Maybe the more we all buy, the better the price?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIhoops View Post
            I’d love to buy one as well. Maybe the more we all buy, the better the price?
            I wish! I think these things are just obscure and expensive unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

I wish! I think these things are just obscure and expensive unfortunately.
              This is true. The neon bending trade is almost completely dead, as the primary uses (signage, etc) have moved away from expensive and temperamental neon. It's pretty much only custom, the odd vintage, and bar sign work for them.

Comment

I tried to upload a picture but am unable to. Cost was something like $450 I think. PM me an e-mail and I will try to send you a picture that way.

Comment

gCan I tell a story nobody asked to hear? OK COOL.

My wife is a business owner, and hypothetically, she could make these kinds of things. In a normal year, she gets a number of phone calls from people looking to outfit their tailgate with unofficial "team" stuff. She always turns them away, however, because she doesn't have a license to produce work using a university logo or mark.

So a few years ago, she gets a call from a potential customer who wants to have a replica of the Wrigley Marquee installed in their basement. Again, her stock answer is "no," because we don't have the rights. But, we are LONG time Cubs season ticket holders, and we have a contact in the organization who will respond to us, so she offers to reach out and find out what it would take to get a one-off license. She emails our rep, and ten minutes later the General Counsel for the Cubs, who clearly has an open calendar, is calling her.

Blah blah blah, it turns out no MLB team owns their own marks, they're all controlled through MLB, but the teams CAN license one-offs, as long as it's not for a commercial purpose. About two hours later, we got a letter by email from the Cubs GC giving my wife the right to produce two replica Marquees, assuming I might want to do the same.

The customer balked on price, and I've never really given it another thought. Maybe one day.

Comment

I saw a business that has a sign like this. It looks sweet. We need a company to create a UNI one for sale. I emailed this company and they require orders of 50 .
                    https://firebolt-group.com/led-enhanced-signage/

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                      I saw a business that has a sign like this. It looks sweet. We need a company to create a UNI one for sale. I emailed this company and they require orders of 50 .
                      https://firebolt-group.com/led-enhanced-signage/
                      I really want a light up sign. I can try PM/email anyone a picture of a cool non UNI one I want to replicate
                      Last edited by DownGoesKansas; 09-15-2020, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X