WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5-1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by panthergirl123 View Post

As stated by vbfan19 earlier, Starbecks is paying money to promote their business. I like Starbecks. The cornbread they serve with their bbq is wonderful. I agree with Run & blade though that the set up for the rib eating contest is cheesy. It is too far away. Also, they need to have a countdown clock or some kind of tally for the amount of ribs eaten by the contestants.

I think many people on here just feel that the current promotions are not exciting. Personally, I hate the whole sing-a-long song segment. The concept itself is not bad. My issue is that they always bring out the song when there's never enough time to even think about finishing it. I think in the first game they chose Bohemian Rhapsody which is one of the longest songs ever produced.

I know I am whining but darn it I get frustrated with the game day experience.
    Trivia - Scot and Jeff Starbeck's grandfather, Clive "Buck" Starbeck, was ISTC head football coach for more than a few years. There is (or was, I dunno about now) an inlay honoring him in the sidewalk on College Street, I wanna say on the west side in front of where the Suds College Street entrance/Sharky's area (if those are still around; I am going by what Googlemaps shows as I haven't spent much timeon the Hill in 20 years).

Buck was an important part of ISTC and a name we would hear growing up in Cedar Falls decades after he was gone:

http://unipanthers.com/hof.aspx?hof=9&mobile=skip

https://library.uni.edu/collections/...yde-l-starbeck
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by Born-a-Panther View Post

This. The $60 tickets went to UNI fans.

But also... I did say they are looking at ticket prices. Did some of you just skim through that and not pay attention to it? Sigh.

Thanks for helping us focus on the actual facts. Indeed I can confirm that the $60 seats were overwhelmingly Panther fans. The only concentrations of Bison fans were on the ends. More importantly, it is nice to know that someone who know her way around the college sports marketing world has some reason to be encouraged. That is a helpful antidote to the negativity being spouted.

Comment

Originally posted by UNIdad View Post

Thanks for helping us focus on the actual facts. Indeed I can confirm that the $60 seats were overwhelmingly Panther fans. The only concentrations of Bison fans were on the ends. More importantly, it is nice to know that someone who know her way around the college sports marketing world has some reason to be encouraged. That is a helpful antidote to the negativity being spouted.
        Thanks - I'm trying!
        "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Calling people leading up to a game to ask them to buy tickets doesn't feel like relationship building, it feels like desparation.

From past experience and speaking with others, what the PSC and AD need to focus on is making people(fans, donors, sponsors) feel valued and building relationships before they bail, not after.
          Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

That Montana loss keeps getting worse and worse, by the way. They got blown out of the dang water by North Dakota tonight, dropping them to 4-3.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Yeah, this isn't correct. The NDSU folks were in the $40 sections. The $60 seats were pure purple. The get-in prices were the problem, not the premium pricing. Not EVERY seat was $60. Just some fine tuning needed not a full on takedown of the system.

But, you know. #outrage
              Section S we ndsu fans were in. we all paid $60. maybe T was $40? or that corner.
              UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by lakesbison View Post

Section S we ndsu fans were in. we all paid $60. maybe T was $40? or that corner.
                Of course, there were a few of you big spenders in the $60 seats, but not en masse like in the $40 sections.

Comment

https://twitter.com/DavidHarrisAD/st...54861153853440

David Harris‏ @DavidHarrisAD 25m25 minutes ago

"Drew and Tommy working the phones to sell tickets for the @UNIFootball game against SDSU this Saturday. They make over 150 phone calls each day selling tickets for @UNIAthletics. They have sold a bunch this morning before 10am and their work continues. #UNIFight #PanthersRising"
                  "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

How/who do you cold call asking if they want to buy tickets to a football game ?

just start dialing numbers from white pages?

probsbly have better luck offering blocks of cheap tickets to SDSU athletic department.

Offer blocks of tickets to local companies ?

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post
                      How/who do you cold call asking if they want to buy tickets to a football game ?

just start dialing numbers from white pages?

probsbly have better luck offering blocks of cheap tickets to SDSU athletic department.

Offer blocks of tickets to local companies ?
                      We have a whole database of people that have bought tickets previously. You start there. For the NDSU game, they called everyone that bought a ticket for the last two or three home games with NDSU.

Comment

Maybe alumni? They have contact info for many thousands who do not regularly attend fb games. I had a call from a CF number last night, but I already have tickets to this game.
                        GO PANTHERS!

Comment

I haven’t seen this anywhere on here yet but educators can receive two free game tickets to the Nov 17th game against Missouri State. Read more here: https://unipanthers.com/news/2018/10...on-nov-17.aspx

Comment

Working...
                          X