WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The morning after

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The morning after

Just some reactions after I've had a day to process yesterday's win: I was at the game and loved watching our defense. We over matched them physically and with our speed. Much respect to SD as they are a winning program, are well coached and have built a great winning culture. They believed they could not only compete, but get a W in the dome and you gotta give them credit.
    I'm sure it was frustrating for their offense to try to run their offense and get stuffed or we were in position.

I thought the utilization of Brawnte Well's athletic skills was brilliant to drop him in the flat and house that pick 6. That got the game off to a great start and put doubt in San Diego's players so early in the game. Big time statement play.

As far as the SDSU game, we need a similar effort but need the offense to match the intensity and focus. I think we can win this game with 21 points if the offense does its part. We are playing the role of the underdog which plays in our favor which is a complete reversal of San Diego.

Hoping to get as many of our injured guys back and strap it on in Brookings.
    "Give a cheer Ho, the purple and the gold!!"

Originally posted by UNI92 View Post
    Just some reactions after I've had a day to process yesterday's win: I was at the game and loved watching our defense. We over matched them physically and with our speed. Much respect to SD as they are a winning program, are well coached and have built a great winning culture. They believed they could not only compete, but get a W in the dome and you gotta give them credit.
    I'm sure it was frustrating for their offense to try to run their offense and get stuffed or we were in position.

I thought the utilization of Brawnte Well's athletic skills was brilliant to drop him in the flat and house that pick 6. That got the game off to a great start and put doubt in San Diego's players so early in the game. Big time statement play.

As far as the SDSU game, we need a similar effort but need the offense to match the intensity and focus. I think we can win this game with 21 points if the offense does its part. We are playing the role of the underdog which plays in our favor which is a complete reversal of San Diego.

Hoping to get as many of our injured guys back and strap it on in Brookings.
    Our defense will have to win the game and become part of the offense. We’ll have to be at least +2 in the turnover battle and get 10 points out of them. Next to no penalties and be stellar on 3rd/4th down stops. If we have to score much over 17, we don’t win. And I’m not sure bad weather actually helps as sdsu receivers have an advantage if they know where they are going on a slippery track. Mcelvain will need to bring out his inner fran tarkenton while looking over the top.

Comment

Working...
    X