WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terry Allen on the UNI sidelines helping

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Terry Allen on the UNI sidelines helping

    https://kwwl.com/2021/03/31/panther-...m-this-spring/

    Who knew? And for how long? Was it a coincidence that UNI had their highest scoring game of the year, or just chalk it up to Western being a bad team?

  • #2
    I trust the person that wrote this Did Not graduate from the University of Northern Iowa.

    "We were out of coaches and we had a game in five days so I didn't want to hire anybody so I needed someone who could come in here that knew our program that this program was important to and it was really finiding someone who understood UNI and UNI Football YET knew our football and was involved in football and watching intently and he has been watching football the last five years and watching his other son play at Iowa State this Fall he is very in tuned he is with the officials Big 12 Officials during the season he is very intuend to all of the things going on in football today and I thought what a great name his son is on the team let's bring him up as an analytical guy put him in analytics and be another set of eyes for us."

    probably from that college down South.

    Comment


    • #3
      I had to listen to video while reading Farley’s “quote.” It’s pretty much what he said, but I agree, whomever transcribed it lacks writing skills. I wonder if it was an automated voice to text translator that did it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Why were we out of coaches? COVID? Something else?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by havok58 View Post
          I had to listen to video while reading Farley’s “quote.” It’s pretty much what he said, but I agree, whomever transcribed it lacks writing skills. I wonder if it was an automated voice to text translator that did it.
          Yeah, most likely ASR and tripping a bit with Farley's cadence and pronounciation. The technology is getting much, much better.

          Back to Allen, that is a surprise (to me, at least). I wonder if it was a one-and-done for last week. Allen's enthusiasm is infectious - I imagine he still lights up a room when he starts talking.
          "Well, that escalated quickly."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
            Why were we out of coaches? COVID? Something else?
            Did they ever add someone (anywhere on the coaching staff) to take Mahaffey's open slot?
            "Well, that escalated quickly."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ronfitch View Post

              Yeah, most likely ASR and tripping a bit with Farley's cadence and pronounciation. The technology is getting much, much better.

              Back to Allen, that is a surprise (to me, at least). I wonder if it was a one-and-done for last week. Allen's enthusiasm is infectious - I imagine he still lights up a room when he starts talking.
              Not one and done. He's been here since week one. Due to Mahaffey's departure. He's up in the coach's booth for home games.
              "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

              Comment


              • #8
                This is exciting news in the same way that promoting from within to fill the basketball coaching job will be exciting.
                GO PANTHERS!

                Comment


                • #9
                  TA isn't on staff and isn't being paid. He's helping out this spring as a consultant basically.
                  "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks, Nicole.
                    "Well, that escalated quickly."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I love the fact that we have someone like Terry Allen that we can call on when needed.

                      P.S. Saw his son Chase and a few other really tall guys walking the concourse during half-time.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        one sunday morning, i used to be informed that someone was watching for me in the office. the young character who responded the rectory door said that it changed into "the girl who said she left all the notes." when I saw her i was greatly surprised, on account that i right away diagnosed her from church but had no idea that it become she who wrote the notes. she changed into sitting in a chair in the workplace together with her arms folded in her lap. her head was bowed and when she raised it to have a look at me, she could barely smile without ache. her face was disfigured, and the skin so tight from surgical processes that smiling or guffawing was very tough for her. she had suffered extraordinarily from remedy to do away with the growths that had so marred her face.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bestarticlelist View Post
                          one sunday morning, i used to be informed that someone was watching for me in the office. the young character who responded the rectory door said that it changed into "the girl who said she left all the notes." when I saw her i was greatly surprised, on account that i right away diagnosed her from church but had no idea that it become she who wrote the notes. she changed into sitting in a chair in the workplace together with her arms folded in her lap. her head was bowed and when she raised it to have a look at me, she could barely smile without ache. her face was disfigured, and the skin so tight from surgical processes that smiling or guffawing was very tough for her. she had suffered extraordinarily from remedy to do away with the growths that had so marred her face.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bestarticlelist View Post
                            one sunday morning, i used to be informed that someone was watching for me in the office. the young character who responded the rectory door said that it changed into "the girl who said she left all the notes." when I saw her i was greatly surprised, on account that i right away diagnosed her from church but had no idea that it become she who wrote the notes. she changed into sitting in a chair in the workplace together with her arms folded in her lap. her head was bowed and when she raised it to have a look at me, she could barely smile without ache. her face was disfigured, and the skin so tight from surgical processes that smiling or guffawing was very tough for her. she had suffered extraordinarily from remedy to do away with the growths that had so marred her face.
                            I'm turning this into a screenplay, this is fascinating.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Heard Farley on Des Moines radio say Brandon Keith has been helping out as well

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X