WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Game 10, Iowa*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coach has got to get comfortable with the idea that u might have to add a couple guys to the roster that have a little piss and vinegar in them. A couple kids that might not match your personality.

I don't have a problem with anyone on our roster. It's whose not on it.

We need kids who can get you 10-15 a night. Who can get you 8-10 boards a night. Those kids might be a little tougher to coach or to fit into your culture. But you need players to win at this level.
    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

And the maddening thing is, Jake *has* won on this level.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

Do you honestly think he doesn't care? He's a guy that just gets too high and never gets too low. Would you prefer Freak Out Fran on the bench getting in everybody's face? Plenty of reason to be pissed off with the first half performance, but for ****s sake, this is just stupid.
        Lol, of course he cares, settle down. I'm not even talking about his on court antics for God's sake, but spin what I said as you will. I'm a big fan of coach Jake and how he carries himself on the court. That's his style

The Fran hate might be the stupidest thing on this forum however. Get over it, he hasn't done anything worth whining over in like 4 years.

Comment

Team played pretty well. Played hard. Just can't buy a bucket. Feel for the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by ceaser150 View Post
            This game has gone exactly as I predicted, yet that has not made me feel any better. Actually sitting down and watching them play has made me angrier and angrier. I cannot fathom how you can put together a roster that is lacking both a post presence and a single player that can actually penetrate. You would be hard-pressed to find a SWAC team that is lacking in both areas. This was a regular NCAA team just a few years ago. There is no excuse for putting together a roster like this. And it is really too bad because we have some really good players, but they are not allowed to perform at their best because we are lacking in those areas.
            Phyfe was to be that "post presence" you talk about. His medical condition, frequently passing out, has taken that away. With Luke, Biggie and Dahl also filling in at the 4 or 5 position, we could have been respectable, but without Phyfe leading the group, we are really lacking in the post.

Comment

Originally posted by MDB View Post
              Team played pretty well. Played hard. Just can't buy a bucket. Feel for the kids.
              Played well? Are you serious?

2nd consecutive uncompetitive 30 point massacre to a D1 opponent sandwiched around an almost loss to an awful D3 team.

The standard here at UNI has always been competing for championships and NCAA tournaments. I cannot believe where this program is sitting right now.

UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
              iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

It's one of those seasons that the chips didn't fall our way - Pick starting the season hurt and never getting on track, Phyfe's illness, Croft not being eligible (although that may have been known). This team is missing chemistry.

I trust help is on the way with Croft, Carter, Henry, Betz, and Krogmann.

Comment

I sure hope help is on the way because this team doesn’t have the tools to compete this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

Played well? Are you serious?

2nd consecutive uncompetitive 30 point massacre to a D1 opponent sandwiched around an almost loss to an awful D3 team.

The standard here at UNI has always been competing for championships and NCAA tournaments. I cannot believe where this program is sitting right now.
                    I am serious. There's a difference between not playing well and not shooting well. Those kids played really hard. They got good shots most of the game. They guarded decently well. They competed.

Obviously if they keep shooting this poorly they won't win games which is the point of playing. But they were competitive in pretty much every aspect of the game tonight aside from making shots. That's easier to work with than a team that doesn't play hard and doesn't compete.

The standard is the same. Everyone on the team has the same goals as they always have. Not sure what your point is. Losing to Iowa in December doesn't matter much when it comes to your standard of winning championships and going to the tournament. Relax.

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post

This is looks like DIII vs DI.
                      We were ahead by 10 in the 2nd half?
                      Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

The Valley just went 0 for Saturday with some horrific losses. Let's let it shake out. League is wide, wide open.
                        #MACtion

Comment

The league was wide open and bad last year and we got 9th.
                          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by MDB View Post

I am serious. There's a difference between not playing well and not shooting well. Those kids played really hard. They got good shots most of the game. They guarded decently well. They competed.

Obviously if they keep shooting this poorly they won't win games which is the point of playing. But they were competitive in pretty much every aspect of the game tonight aside from making shots. That's easier to work with than a team that doesn't play hard and doesn't compete.

The standard is the same. Everyone on the team has the same goals as they always have. Not sure what your point is. Losing to Iowa in December doesn't matter much when it comes to your standard of winning championships and going to the tournament. Relax.
                            You watched a different game then the rest of us. Zero defense, hammered on the glass, zero presence inside and offense just launched deep 3s over and over with no ball movement. The personnel are as bad as the jim berry days

Comment

I assume we will see full bar service delivered to your seat at home games.

About what it will take to draw a crowd.

Comment

This game was over after the first five minutes... we could all see that. We can't score and can't keep the other team from scoring. How can this team be this BAD. I read that UNI & Iowa have split the last 14 meetings... that can not be true. Iowa has been a much better team then the Panthers. I HATE the Hawkeyes. Do we have any more D3 schools on our schedule?

Comment

Working...
                                X