WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

20-21 NCAA MBB COVID season proposals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With a shortened Non-Con the MTE becomes damn near must win for an at large.
    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
      With a shortened Non-Con the MTE becomes damn near must win for an at large.
      I'm not so sure. Of the games that are known, if Nov 21 is the start date, we'd only lose N Illinois and Jackson State. It still gives us 2 of our best non conference games outside the MTE - Richmond and NM State. Hopefully we don't have an unknown quality game on the books before the 21st. Regardless, we can probably only afford a couple losses. Myself, I think the Richmond game is more important - I'd prefer going 2-1 in the MTE (as long as it's not terrible loss) and beating Richmond than winning the MTE and losing to Richmond.
      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

I'm not so sure. Of the games that are known, if Nov 21 is the start date, we'd only lose N Illinois and Jackson State. It still gives us 2 of our best non conference games outside the MTE - Richmond and NM State. Hopefully we don't have an unknown quality game on the books before the 21st. Regardless, we can probably only afford a couple losses. Myself, I think the Richmond game is more important - I'd prefer going 2-1 in the MTE (as long as it's not terrible loss) and beating Richmond than winning the MTE and losing to Richmond.
        Problem is I'm not sure there is a loss in the MTE that isn't problematic in some way. Us and WKU are the two best teams in that field, I'm glad we're on opposite sides.
        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Problem is I'm not sure there is a loss in the MTE that isn't problematic in some way. Us and WKU are the two best teams in that field, I'm glad we're on opposite sides.
          True. I do think Miami still holds name value at least. The other P5s are pretty meh though. Also, I didn't think about it, but hopefully all conferences follow along with what the NCAA decides. The Pac-12 said a while back that they wouldn't be playing anything until January. If that holds true, I wonder if they try to get somebody to take Oregon States place. They're on the opposite side of the bracket, but I'm still curious to see how that plays out.
          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Working...
          X