WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kimmons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kimmons

I ran across this old article and was looking at his Twitter and I feel like he's still coming back in the future. Reading some of the other posts on here it sounds like he could be done. I hope he's doing good and returns next year.

https://wcfcourier.com/sports/colleg...979bd6f28.html

I think he can be a valuable piece for this future UNI team. One guy that can come off the bench and bring energy on defense and offense. Really enjoyed watching him play.

We have some valuable recruits already in Panther uniforms that could come back and play a huge role next year. (Trae, Pickford, Kimmons)

Kimmons brings an entirely different element to the team when he's on the floor. His presence significantly impacts how the opponent defends us. I really hope he's able to return for next season.

Comment

The only people who said that he's not coming back is randos on this board. Kimmons and coach have always said that he plans on coming back.

Comment

UNI has seen some of their very best stretches of play when Kimmons was playing point guard the last couple of years. I’d have given anything to have seen him be the full time starter there and see what happens. Completely different dynamic on both ends. But we all know that will never happen

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
          UNI has seen some of their very best stretches of play when Kimmons was playing point guard the last couple of years. I’d have given anything to have seen him be the full time starter there and see what happens. Completely different dynamic on both ends. But we all know that will never happen
          Yes, its a real shame he didn’t start over the MVC Player of the Year and one of the best guards in the country because that would make total sense.
          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Kimmons / Born at PG and AJ at SG is a fine option for me. We need more people on the court who can move with the ball in hand.
            If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

I remember Kimmons tweeting recently that Coach Jake was the best coach in the country hands down. He loves the program and I feel great about him coming back. The only concern in my mind would be if he wants to transfer somewhere much closer to home so he can support his family and play ball at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post
                I remember Kimmons tweeting recently that Coach Jake was the best coach in the country hands down. He loves the program and I feel great about him coming back. The only concern in my mind would be if he wants to transfer somewhere much closer to home so he can support his family and play ball at the same time.
                We're the closest DI school to him. He'll be back. His sister will go back to physical school and he'll be back in the fall.
                #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

We're the closest DI school to him. He'll be back. His sister will go back to physical school and he'll be back in the fall.
                  Well, he's not likely to transfer to Minnesota, but St. Thomas is now Division I and in the Twin Cities. But Sonnen is here and there is a personal connection there as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X