WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hawks on the schedule?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four home duals, yes. Schwab talked about it a little bit back when UNI joined the B12, but you're right four is a little unexpected.

Next year I would expect it to change. The B12 is thinking about putting out a schedule for all their teams/affiliates which would presumably mean a B12 regular-season championship would be established as well. I've heard the schedule issue from a couple of people, so that's something that will probably change, and that will obviously help UNI with scheduling.

I'm not sure why they had such a tough time with it this year. The only thing I could really think of was that maybe teams don't want to wrestle in the West Gym? But that's a lame excuse and can't possibly be true, so I really have no idea. Maybe teams think that they can't get the "sure" win against UNI so they're not scheduling them? That doesn't really make sense to me either though. I'm just not sure.

Comment

Well we know the date of the Cornell Dual now, November 18th.

Also of note, Freddy Stroker isn't listed on Cornell's roster.
      Last edited by DomeIsHome; 09-14-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Every time I see this thread pop up I think this is it THE HAWKS ARE ON THE SCHEDULE only to be let down. On a side note I didn't even know stroker left Minnesota anyone know why?

Comment

Haha sorry about that, I blame myself. I didn't want to create a new thread back when I first started keeping track of the schedule.

Anyway, Stroker left around the time Robinson was let go, or shortly after that, I think. Here's a link to the story when he committed to Cornell, and THAT has a link to the original story of him leaving.

Comment

Another edit, per Randy Pugh on the Twitter, the Cornell dual is on the 17th, not the 18th. That gives the Panthers an extra day for travel

Comment

Another date filled in, Jan 12-13th UNI will be going to the Virginia Duals

Comment

Originally posted by DomeIsHome View Post
                Well we know the date of the Cornell Dual now, November 18th.

Also of note, Freddy Stroker isn't listed on Cornell's roster.
                Interesting, he tweeted on Sept 5 that he liked Ithaca, but he is not listed as a student.

Comment

Full schedule released

Nobody on it that we didn't expect

Comment

Originally posted by DomeIsHome View Post
                    Full schedule released

Nobody on it that we didn't expect
                    I still think that it's incredibly dumb that the Big XII doesn't make their own schools schedule each other. They're discussing changing that, no?

Comment

Here is the full schedule. Dec 18 to Feb 10 without a meet at home, yikes!

https://iawrestle.com/2017/09/19/pan...7-18-schedule/
                      Last edited by Unionpanther; 09-19-2017, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

I still think that it's incredibly dumb that the Big XII doesn't make their own schools schedule each other. They're discussing changing that, no?
                        Yeah they're thinking about changing it for next year. Hopefully they'll bring back a regular season B12 championship too, but we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                        X