WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd State title for future Panther

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd State title for future Panther

Bryce Esmoil of West Liberty pinned his way to his 2nd Iowa State Wrestling Championship (195 lbs) at WFA last night. I can't wait to see how he will do in a Panther singlet.
    "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Gable Fox also won state at 138

Comment

UNI recruit Michael Blockhus of New Hampton won his third state championship also.

Comment

I think I saw that our recruits won 6 titles this past weekend. Not bad.

Comment

Spent last week watching the Panthers future, Fox got his title, looked banged up, elbow wrapped; Esmoil is a throwing machine, got to watch him at the Keith Young, will need leg attacks in college. Gordon from East looked good, City High beat him in the semis I think, they wrestled multiple times this year, bright future when he starts wrestling full time. Bennett looked good, great match with Johnston kid, good attacks, he is a scrapper, Lara stopped attacking, great defense, needs to attack more, Steffensmeier (is/was) the real deal, period! Really, really like the Atlantic HWT,- McConkey he may push for varsity action early on in his college career, explosive, takes up ground, very impressed. NH kids limited leg attacks, must develop to compete at the college level. Completely forgot about Biscoglia, really like the way he wrestles, if he stays small, will be an option after his redshirt year at 125
          Last edited by Big Poppa Pump; 02-22-2018, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Big Poppa Pump...people
            on this board get that you dont like that “NH kid”...his name Is Michael Blockhus..but you knew that even before you read his name mentioned in a post just a few above yours. You don’t like him because every time he meets up with a kid you coach his hand gets raised at the end of the match.. Michael is a great young man and leader...and if he wasnt we both know the UNI program would not have recruited him and wanted him on their team. I am excited for his future in a panther singlet and believe he will do great things for the team on and off the mat.

Comment

At the War at the West Gym last night Blockus moved up two weights and smoked a 2 time state champ headed to ISU. Blockhus is a 3 time champ and might end up the best of the bunch.

And yeah, Pump doesn't like him. Very complimentary to everyone else but was critical of him even though he has the best accolades of the bunch and would destroy Steffensmeier. I think Pump just doesn't like NH. Probably didn't like NH's JV kid sticking his son in the dual. Lol

Comment

Personally I love NH wrestling.
                GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Working...
                X