WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you want? I say 2.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you want? I say 2.

or

Last edited by ryan19; 08-12-2010, 08:50 AM.

Re: Who do you want? I say 2.

2 plz k bye

Comment

I say 1... but that's just because of experience running the offense that Farley has. I understand that Rennie has come to understand the offense, but he hasn't done it in a game setting, where Davis has, and he has done it well. I understand that Rennie is a more running QB, but we all see where that got us with Grace. If he's more likely to run, than to throw, then what good will he do. It seems like Davis is more of a true QB, but can make the smart decision to throw or run, and it's not just instinct. We'll see where it goes, but if you split it 50/50 like they are planning to do, it could lead to some confusion for the opposing defense, but it could also lead to complications for our offense... running it 50/50 this far though, hopefully those complications are out of the way. Again, I go with Davis.
      Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

I'll take two scoops of that ice cream. Would love to see them both succeed. Rennie was very engaging and well spoken on the media day interview I saw last night.
        Last edited by Neighbor; 08-12-2010, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Did Farley say they would split game time 50 / 50? I thought he meant that they are splitting time now so-as to determine a starter for the first game / season. I'm not a big fan of split time during the regular season, I guess.

Comment

Why couldn't you do a variation of the wildcat? Have a RB plus both Zach & Rennie standing on either side. Let the RB call the snap, and the the linebackers try to figure out where the snap is going, and what is goign to happen afterwards?

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
              Why couldn't you do a variation of the wildcat? Have a RB plus both Zach & Rennie standing on either side. Let the RB call the snap, and the the linebackers try to figure out where the snap is going, and what is goign to happen afterwards?
              just, yes.
              Raised a Hawkeye, Panther by choice.

Comment

Panthercat!

Comment

#1, just because it will be easier for doctors to surgically alter Eric Sanders to look like him.

Comment

Number 2 is a better athlete and can RUN. I like excapeability in my quarterbacks. Now that Sanders is coaching them he will teach them how to create on the fly and #2 has more potential in the limited amount I have seen him. Has a cannon arm too.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther-Sheik View Post
                      Did Farley say they would split game time 50 / 50? I thought he meant that they are splitting time now so-as to determine a starter for the first game / season. I'm not a big fan of split time during the regular season, I guess.
                      He didn't say 50/50 split, but said that he wasn't against both of them playing.

My concern is that I haven't heard anything about Rennie taking snaps at another position, and that kid needs to be on the field.
                      Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

A running QB that can throw some too is what Amanti Edwards was, and as much as I hate to say it, He was good. Real good for this level. (i dont think he would have been as good at QB on the FBS stage IMO). Having a scrambler adds a whole new facet to offensive strategy and counter attacking defensive schemes. Grace was more of a pure RB/FB who could throw the ball around. He WANTED to run first rather than pass. I still think Rennie will look pass first before running (on a designed pass play).

Comment

I love Zach, but I think we need to try a new style. We need some versatility and explosiveness this year.

Playing both might work too, idk.
                          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

I love Zach, but I think we need to try a new style. We need some versatility and explosiveness this year.

Playing both might work too, idk.
                            Agreed. We need a spark.
                            GO PANTHERS!

Comment

IMO, two QBs lead to a lack of leadership. Although the PantherCat could be a fun formation.

Had I had this option with last year's line, I would have been gone with Davis. They would have provided more time for him to find an open receiver. With the unknown talent at O-line, and with his athletic ability to escape a closing line, I vote Rennie.

This is the first season in some time that I just don't know what to expect. Who will be our QB? What type of D will we run? What style of O will be on the field? Will our lines reload? These 29 days just can't go fast enough..... IT'S GONNA BE A FUN SEASON!

Comment

Working...
                              X