WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campbell, Washington Sign FA Contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campbell, Washington Sign FA Contracts

Campbell with the Browns, Washington with the Cardinals:

CEDAR FALLS, Iowa –  Former University of Northern Iowa defensive backs Elijah Campbell and Malcolm Washington each signed as undrafted free agents ...
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

Good for them. Nice to see a few more guys getting a chance in the NFL.

Comment

Too bad the Cards didn't re-sign Xavier Williams (he signed a free agent contract with Kansas City last month, which AZ declined to match), else we'd have a whole UNI club down there.

Comment

Some of this will depend on whether they were signed as “invited” FAs, or just practice bodies. While it’s not impossible for someone who’s just a number to stand out enough for a shot at making a roster, it’s extremely rare. Since they signed right away Sunday night, there’s a good chance they had decent enough draft grades to be on the radar.

Daurice Fountain has a good situation with Indianapolis. TY Hilton is the only name receiver on the roster. The opportunity is there to grab a roster spot if he can make plays.

Comment

I think Elijah has a real shot to break through in Cleveland.

Their D was a funnel last year and their DB roster is nothing to write home about.

They took a DB in the first round who'll stick of course...and one in the 6th. The draft analysis on the 6th round pick is not exactly glowing.

EC is a very versatile player.
          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Just my opinion, but I was pretty surprised that neither Akrum Wadley or Alan Lazard was chosen.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
              Just my opinion, but I was pretty surprised that neither Akrum Wadley or Alan Lazard was chosen.
              I'm totally with you on Wadley. He was nothing but productive and has good enough size and speed.

Lazard, on the other hand, is probably too slow to play receiver and has no tape or experience playing tight end. He's an offensive player version of Karter Schult.
              #MACtion

Comment

Is there a thread on Fountain going in 5th round that I am missing? Hopefully he is given a chance with them.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                  Is there a thread on Fountain going in 5th round that I am missing? Hopefully he is given a chance with them.
                  Check the Panther/Cyclone/Hawkeye forum
                  Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                  Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                  - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post

Check the Panther/Cyclone/Hawkeye forum
                    Gotcha. Thanks. Seems like a weird place to discuss our draft picks.

Comment

I was on Cyclone Fanatic and apparently it's an NFL conspiracy to not draft Iowa State players.

Comment

I started a thread to have a little fun with a Panther/Cyclone competition via Foundation/Lazard. Turned out not to be much of a competition. Also, I assumed that better conversation about UNI draftees and USFA's would be held elsewhere. I didn't intend for that to be the main place for the discussion about Fountain.

Comment

Originally posted by enkamania View Post

I was on Cyclone Fanatic and apparently it's an NFL conspiracy to not draft Iowa State players.
                          They’ll have some guys drafted after this year. Butler, the tall WR, and Montgomery if he leaves early. Had Parke not had issues and left, he would’ve at least been in the conversation based purely on his arm. But, they just haven’t had enough talent there to complain too much.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

They’ll have some guys drafted after this year. Butler, the tall WR, and Montgomery if he leaves early. Had Parke not had issues and left, he would’ve at least been in the conversation based purely on his arm. But, they just haven’t had enough talent there to complain too much.
                            Park drafted?!?!

Do you think he coulda made it through the interview process?

By the time he got 1/2 way through explaining the rationale for the dozen stops he made before Iowa State the team reps woulda folded up the binder and said "well I can't thank you enough for your time."

Comment

By the way...Farley said on Rima's show today that UNI is one of only two FCS programs to have 3 draft picks in the last four years.

Central Arkansas is the other.

Comment

Working...
                              X