WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*** Game 14 (Playoff Edition): @ South Dakota State***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leatherhelmet View Post
    NDSU broke SDSU mentally. Illinois State proved that. We need some creativity on offense. I know better than to say that. Maybe we can get a Christmas miracle.
    Yeah...that sure showed when they played UNI after NDSU less than a month ago....

Comment

SDSU by 17+. Just don't see our offense staying on the field long enough to keep our defense from eventually breaking down. The colder and windier it is, the more likely this will be the result. Hate to say it but I'm just being realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerDobber View Post
        SDSU by 17+. Just don't see our offense staying on the field long enough to keep our defense from eventually breaking down. The colder and windier it is, the more likely this will be the result. Hate to say it but I'm just being realistic.
        I agree. Our offense sucks. The only redeeming quality is Weston and he is hurt.

This is the type of game you have to control via running the ball and throwing to TEs and we cant do either if those things.

Our only hope is to kill them with takeaways.
        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

maybe our defense can outscore their offense

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

I agree. Our offense sucks. The only redeeming quality is Weston and he is hurt.

This is the type of game you have to control via running the ball and throwing to TEs and we cant do either if those things.

Our only hope is to kill them with takeaways.
            If we had Weston, McShane and Moore I wouldn't feel so gloomy about it but here we are. Also, how many easy drops will we have in less then ideal conditions? One of our players in particular seems to have one bad drop every game that kills momentum/stops what should be an easy TD. I really hope I'm wrong and I eat my words.

Comment

Just looked and we are at +9.5 with the over/under at 39.5. Given what we saw last week, I think this is pretty fair

Comment

i think this is one of those games where the first one to 20 wins... if anyone gets to 20. Like the first meeting (and most of the recent meetings in the series) the team that wins the turnover battle will probably win the game.

Comment

Anybody else listening to Farley interviews the last couple weeks miss the old Farley?

I'm talking about the confident, 'bring on all comers...we're UNI football and we don't back down to anybody" Farley?

​​​​​​Now it's this **** about "low octane" offense and "I don't have the personnel" and "we had to play on Thanksgiving week and didn't get a break".

I totally get all that's true.

But goddammit man...you've got to lead the way here. You've gotta make everyone around u believe you can win. You've gotta step up and say "it's now or never" and we're going in there with all guns blazing and let the chips fall.

This is college football...emotion matters. The kids gotta believe that you believe.

Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

You assume he talks to the team the same way he talks to the press?
                    GO PANTHERS!

Comment

maybe he started reading PN and adopted the general mindset from here

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
                        You assume he talks to the team the same way he talks to the press?
                        I don't know and I really hope that's not the case.

I hope he tells them they're 10 feet tall and bullet proof.

​​​​​​
                        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

I don't know and I really hope that's not the case.

I hope he tells them they're 10 feet tall and bullet proof.

​​​​​​
                          Agreed. Mentality needs to be 'Suck it up, buttercup'. Life isn't fair and neither is football. Injuries happen. You approach this and every game by utilizing the personnel you have and instill confidence in your team that they can win.

Saturday's game is going to come down to who has the least numbers of turnovers or dumb plays. Play clean, smart and inspired we get a victory. Play scared, dumb, or uninspired we lose.

Comment

It's mid-week, but the weather forecasts (as of this morning) have it in the mid-30s for a high, little chance of precipitation in Brookings on Saturday.
                            "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                              Anybody else listening to Farley interviews the last couple weeks miss the old Farley?

I'm talking about the confident, 'bring on all comers...we're UNI football and we don't back down to anybody" Farley?

​​​​​​Now it's this **** about "low octane" offense and "I don't have the personnel" and "we had to play on Thanksgiving week and didn't get a break".

I totally get all that's true.

But goddammit man...you've got to lead the way here. You've gotta make everyone around u believe you can win. You've gotta step up and say "it's now or never" and we're going in there with all guns blazing and let the chips fall.

This is college football...emotion matters. The kids gotta believe that you believe.

I heard Farley say the running game suffers because of TE depth.

I would think it has more to do with the 5 lineman.

Comment

TE depth definitely effects the run game substantially. (the five other lineman obviously do as well) But having a TE like Briley or Bohr to a lesser degree, who is a beast of a run blocker and a match up problem in the pass game really alters what you can do offensively because you can leverage matchups, create mismatches and punish a defense based on how they match up. Those guys win battles in space against most LB's as they are more athletic and against corners due to size and understanding how to position themselves.

If you're subbing a tackle who happens to be wearing a jersey numbered in the 80's (see Vanderslice and Lueck) for Jayden Scott or Alex Allen...you pretty well know the intent of the play. I'm really struggling to think of the last time we've even targeted the TE in the passing game.

Having elite an Elite TE can make your offensive dynamic.

This is precisely the reason the Patriots offense in the NFL is a lot more pedestrian this year. no gronk...less mis-matches to be exploited.

Comment

Working...
                                X