WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 8 - SIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counterpoint.

The Dome wasn't actually loud yesterday. It was just louder than it's been, no doubt.

But it wasn't loud.

r&b is wrong about bridges burned. They aren't burned, they've just been abandoned. If we got out there and advertised that the bridge is open and that it's a great time when you use the bridge and make the toll a bit more affordable, but not so cheap that the people that have kept using the bridge feel cheated, you'll get traffic moving on the bridge again.
    #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
      Counterpoint.

The Dome wasn't actually loud yesterday. It was just louder than it's been, no doubt.

But it wasn't loud.
      This.

For having 5k people in there, and compared to the rest of the **** that has been the "crowds" the last two seasons it was loud. At no point was it actually loud.

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post
        This.

For having 5k people in there, and compared to the rest of the **** that has been the "crowds" the last two seasons it was loud. At no point was it actually loud.
        what is the official minimum decibel level required for something to be considered "loud"?

Comment

• Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
          what is the official minimum decibel level required for something to be considered "loud"?
          Whatever it is, it's higher than yesterday.

I'm not saying the fans there yesterday weren't into it. They were. I was impressed with the 5k that was there, especially late.

5K in a building that size simply isn't going to generate enough noise to be noticeably loud on the field. Not for a lack of trying. It as nice to see people on the west side using the boards on the front row the same way the students do. People discovered metal seats make noise.

Comment

Whatever it is, it's higher than yesterday.

I'm not saying the fans there yesterday weren't into it. They were. I was impressed with the 5k that was there, especially late.

5K in a building that size simply isn't going to generate enough noise to be noticeably loud on the field. Not for a lack of trying. It as nice to see people on the west side using the boards on the front row the same way the students do. People discovered metal seats make noise.
            I wasn't on the field at the time, so I can't attest to what the noise level down there was.
            Farley said it was loud, but I suppose he could have been lying.

Comment

5K in a building that size simply isn't going to generate enough noise to be noticeably loud on the field. Not for a lack of trying.

B. S.
              There were two false starts and one snap over the QB head.

Dont tell me the noise of 5,000 didn't affect SIU

Comment

• The snap and the first false start had nothing to do with noise.

Maybe the false start on the last drive, maybe.

I'm thrilled with the crowd we had and how into it they were. Those 5000 are the core UNI fan base. Obviously we're the group that are always going to be there. The problem is we've lost 8000(!) People in 5 years. Eight. Thousand.
                #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                  was the camera bouncing because of the "loudness" or because whatever platform that the camera/operator was on was being shaken by fans banging on the seats/railing/etc.?
                  Fans jumping, most likey. They never showed the camera operator but it was a low angle view from the East - believe north of center - and not the handheld on the ground. Do they have those folks on temporary riser, staged on the the bleachers?

On a couple of SUI third and fourth downs, it was louder over the brafcast than I have heard it in years on a broadcast. But no way it could be like the noise of the Mudra, TA or early Farley years, though.
                  "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• Back to the game...

I can't say enough about how well the offense and defense complimented each other. The defense is banged up, we all know that so for the offense to pick them up, Day to pick up some big third downs to keep the ball and the clock moving was the key to the win.

The game was won because the defense was only on the field for 24 minutes. Without Cuvelier, Brown, Wells, and a limited go Flater that defense wasn't going to have enough gas left if they had to play much more than that.

It's the first time in a few years where it feels like the offense isn't a total liability and they should only get better as Day plays more and, hopefully, we get him some targets back healthy.

Finish these last three because getting a week off and then not having to travel the next week would be huge to get everybody as healthy as they can be to, hopefully, play all December.
                    #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by Neighbor View Post

B. S.
                      There were two false starts and one snap over the QB head.

Dont tell me the noise of 5,000 didn't affect SIU
                      Yep...crowd was very loud at times.

Caused the SIU errant snap and the false start on 4th and 9 on the last series.
                      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• SIU had a horrific snap every time they went for it on fourth, regardless of noise.

Comment

• okay, you've convinced me. there aren't enough people in the crowd to make any difference, so no one should bother cheering. back to the sudoku and following the Hawkeye game on the radio

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                            The snap and the first false start had nothing to do with noise.

Maybe the false start on the last drive, maybe.

I'm thrilled with the crowd we had and how into it they were. Those 5000 are the core UNI fan base. Obviously we're the group that are always going to be there. The problem is we've lost 8000(!) People in 5 years. Eight. Thousand.

do you think that ESPN+ and 9.2 televising the games may have hurt the amount of fans attending in person?

Comment

SIU had a horrific snap every time they went for it on fourth, regardless of noise.
                              The one that went past the QB was about three feet to his right, in addition to being off the count
                              "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• Originally posted by pantherfan1997 View Post

do you think that ESPN+ and 9.2 televising the games may have hurt the amount of fans attending in person?
                                Nope.

PSN started in 2008 when we signed our TV and radio rights to Learfield. Every UNI Athletic event has been on ESPN3/+ since the league signed the ESPN deal for the 2012-13 season.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X