WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Megan Franklin, new UNI AD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post

Where does Steve Gearhart rank in all this?
    He works for the foundation with large donors. I don't believe he has any type of PR role.
    #MACtion

Comment

• In light of some this fundraising discussion, has anyone else had experiences with PSC where it seems like they simply don't want your money? I'm a small-time donor - I'm not getting sideline passes or traveling with a team. But I have spent 2+ years trying to figure out what my PSC member ID is so I can get "credit" for my donations and I can't get anyone at PSC to tell me what it is. It's not listed anywhere in the annual thing I get in the mail with the donation form, and I have never once had someone return the voicemails I have left. I got an email back once and rather than tell me what my damn member ID is, they just said "thanks for your donation." I know it's a little petty to expect something in return for the little bit I give, but if I'm supposed to get a voucher to use at the bookstore, I'd like to actually get it. Maybe I'm just a dumbass and nobody else has this problem lol

Comment

• On the pledge form, the very first line is the ID number. It isn't pre-filled in as a returning member when you join the second, etc., year? I get bookstore vouchers with my football season ticket pack or fall benefits mailing, I think. I know that things have been slow the last 4-5 months since Nathanial Smith left and a replacement did not immediately come in, as discussed above. Your problem does go back further?

Comment

On the pledge form, the very first line is the ID number. It isn't pre-filled in as a returning member when you join the second, etc., year? I get bookstore vouchers with my football season ticket pack or fall benefits mailing, I think. I know that things have been slow the last 4-5 months since Nathanial Smith left and a replacement did not immediately come in, as discussed above. Your problem does go back further?
          Yes, this has been a problem for me for at least a couple years. The member ID is not listed where it should be on the things I get in the mail, and nobody at UNI has ever been able to tell me what it is. Might just be a 'me' problem lol

Comment

• Originally posted by asihe_1991 View Post
            In light of some this fundraising discussion, has anyone else had experiences with PSC where it seems like they simply don't want your money? I'm a small-time donor - I'm not getting sideline passes or traveling with a team. But I have spent 2+ years trying to figure out what my PSC member ID is so I can get "credit" for my donations and I can't get anyone at PSC to tell me what it is. It's not listed anywhere in the annual thing I get in the mail with the donation form, and I have never once had someone return the voicemails I have left. I got an email back once and rather than tell me what my damn member ID is, they just said "thanks for your donation." I know it's a little petty to expect something in return for the little bit I give, but if I'm supposed to get a voucher to use at the bookstore, I'd like to actually get it. Maybe I'm just a dumbass and nobody else has this problem lol
            I had this problem a few years ago and did some research. At that time I was able to find it somewhere on the PSC website

About Us | Support The Panthers

Now I see this isn't updated either

Comment

• Originally posted by asihe_1991 View Post

Yes, this has been a problem for me for at least a couple years. The member ID is not listed where it should be on the things I get in the mail, and nobody at UNI has ever been able to tell me what it is. Might just be a 'me' problem lol
              That is very frustrating that they can't take even a few minutes to help you with your problem. It isn't a "you" problem. You should be frustrated.

If I were you I would email Jacoby Odegaard. He is the member of the development team that is lowest on the hierarchy. I have found those folks can be more responsive to lower end donors.
              [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
                Pete is so good and passionate at what he does. He's been great for the university.
                This cannot be stated enough. I have had several personal interactions with him, exchanged several messages regarding various things... and he totally "gets it." From the athletics side, the academic side, the community side, the relationship side... he just gets it. He understands how it all has to and is supposed to work together. Whoever found him and made the decision to bring him in is a genius.
                "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• Originally posted by MVCBeat View Post

That is very frustrating that they can't take even a few minutes to help you with your problem. It isn't a "you" problem. You should be frustrated.

If I were you I would email Jacoby Odegaard. He is the member of the development team that is lowest on the hierarchy. I have found those folks can be more responsive to lower end donors.
                  [email protected]
                  just out of curiosity what would be considered a lower end donor?

Comment

• I just sent an email with a copy to Jacoby. His copy bounced back. Is he gone?

Comment

I just sent an email with a copy to Jacoby. His copy bounced back. Is he gone?
                      Yes, he took an athletics department fundraising job with Purdue University.
                      Last edited by Panther AC; 06-25-2024, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• I figured his (training) time was about up here. Nice step up for him, but further from home in S Dak.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                          I think we're at a point where we need to be pretty concerned about Dr Franklin.
                          She did 20 plus minutes with Cole today and it was, quite simply, a disaster. She had zero specifics, offered zero vision for anything that she wants to accomplish and actually gave off the vibe that she doesn't understand what FCS football is or where it fits in the grand scheme of things.
                          She didn't seem to have a real answer for what she envisions for her senior staff. She very obviously didn't contribute much or have any ideas for the future of sports at our level when discussed at Valley meetings.
                          https://1650thefan.com/2024/06/05/6-...mpany-podcast/

I'm just coming to this thread, and I listened to her interview. I don't think it's quite as negative as you guys. There is a lot of vaguely corporate leader speak, but that's not an inherently bad thing. What I hear there is a leader who isn't terribly comfortable with the forum type, and who is still in learn-and-plan mode.

Would I most like "my ambition is this, we have that money in hand already to do it, and my senior team is going to be structured in a specific way to accomplish it all?"

Yes. Obviously. And some leaders come in and are able to do that. But I've worked with good and bad leaders at organizations that make our athletic budget look like Tuesday morning's rounding error, and with much bigger problems to solve.

Sometimes leaders who come in with big statements and seemingly concrete plans are awful, because they work in service of a half-informed vision. The best leaders I've worked with are a bit squishy, high-level, and non-specific for a long while, so they can listen and learn. And then, when the gates open, the horses really leave the barn.

​​​​​​​I'm hoping for the latter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newsbreaker View Post

I'm just coming to this thread, and I listened to her interview. I don't think it's quite as negative as you guys. There is a lot of vaguely corporate leader speak, but that's not an inherently bad thing. What I hear there is a leader who isn't terribly comfortable with the forum type, and who is still in learn-and-plan mode.

Would I most like "my ambition is this, we have that money in hand already to do it, and my senior team is going to be structured in a specific way to accomplish it all?"

Yes. Obviously. And some leaders come in and are able to do that. But I've worked with good and bad leaders at organizations that make our athletic budget look like Tuesday morning's rounding error, and with much bigger problems to solve.

Sometimes leaders who come in with big statements and seemingly concrete plans are awful, because they work in service of a half-informed vision. The best leaders I've worked with are a bit squishy, high-level, and non-specific for a long while, so they can listen and learn. And then, when the gates open, the horses really leave the barn.

I'm hoping for the latter.
                            I hope you are correct. That said I would have hoped to hear at least an acknowledgement of where some of UNI's biggest challenges are and that she's understanding that the status quo isn't going to cut it anymore. There really was nothing in that to indicate she understands what it is going to take to get the ship righted and back on course. It's too early to fully judge but if there isn't a better message out of her by fall, I will be disappointed.
                            If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• We just hired Scott Peace as the Senior Associate Athletic Director for Revenue Generation. Peace has a decent amount of experience over the last 10 years, but I would imagine others have better info.

Article here: https://unipanthers.com/news/2024/7/...nue-generation

Comment

Working...
                              X