WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up Next: North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Up Next: North Carolina

Biggest game in the Mcleod: January 31, 2015
    #18 Northern Iowa vs. #12 Wichita State
    First Valley game between ranked opponents in 33 years

Comment

Looking at their first few games I think we could have a definite advantage at the 3 point line. They appear to not shoot it the best, but who knows for sure this season. It would probably be to our advantage to pound the ball inside and try to get them in foul trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by harry joy View Post
        I agree with this.
        "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by harry joy View Post

The Wichita State game was "bigger" in terms of significance for UNI in the season, but North Carolina is the "biggest" stand alone game. It would have been terrible for the season for us to lose to WSU at home, but it won't be if we lose to UNC.

Nonetheless, I hope we play against UNC as if our season is at stake. If we play like we did against WSU, we can win.

Comment

I just needed to put something in the text box until I could get photos up... Cmon, guys...

Comment

The original Uni home game against Iowa drew 22,000 to the dome.

I think you could put this game in the dome and you wouldn't sell 22,000 tickets. This time of year is all about football in the media. I think Kwwl talks about the upcoming Hawkeyes game in every segment including the weather.

I can see calling this game, last years WSU game, and the original Iowa in the dome game as the biggest and make a good argument.

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post
                The original Uni home game against Iowa drew 22,000 to the dome.

I think you could put this game in the dome and you wouldn't sell 22,000 tickets. This time of year is all about football in the media. I think Kwwl talks about the upcoming Hawkeyes game in every segment including the weather.

I can see calling this game, last years WSU game, and the original Iowa in the dome game as the biggest and make a good argument.

I disagree. I think UNI would have no problem whatsoever putting 20K in the Dome for this. Especially with being able to sell individual game tix, which would be the case in that situation.
                UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                  I disagree. I think UNI would have no problem whatsoever putting 20K in the Dome for this. Especially with being able to sell individual game tix, which would be the case in that situation.
                  Absolutely. I work at ISU and I had quite a few coworkers who don't follow UNI whatsoever, but they wanted to know how they could get tickets to the McLeod Center to go see UNC play. They seemed pretty disappointed that there were no single game tickets. We could definitely get 20K+ in The Dome for this game.

Comment

Good to see Wes' face popping up on ESPN's basketball home page. Insider article though which I don't have access to

Comment

We would have. We'd have priced tickets at $20-25 and sold a ton.
                      #MACtion

Comment

It depends on the outcome. If we win the game it will be the biggest game ever. If we lose, the WSU game last year remains the biggest game.

Winning this game would immediately gets us talked about nationally and it would continue all year and give us a decent chance at an at large tourney bid should we need one, assuming we manage 23 or more wins. It would counteract the bad loss we sustained last week which almost eliminates us from at large consideration, assuming we don't win 28 games.
                        GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Colorado State was not a bad loss. They'll easily be a Top 100 RPI team.

23ish wins easily puts us in the discussion.
                          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by GonzoCat View Post
                            It depends on the outcome. If we win the game it will be the biggest game ever. If we lose, the WSU game last year remains the biggest game.

Winning this game would immediately gets us talked about nationally and it would continue all year and give us a decent chance at an at large tourney bid should we need one, assuming we manage 23 or more wins. It would counteract the bad loss we sustained last week which almost eliminates us from at large consideration, assuming we don't win 28 games.
                            I'm confused about how losing to CSU is considered a bad loss when we're a week into the season...
                            CSU won 27 games a year ago and they are well coached. Should be in the Top 100 of the RPI this year, not a bad loss in my mind, especially at this point of the season.

Edit: I see BC beat me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
                              I just needed to put something in the text box until I could get photos up... Cmon, guys...
                              Could you have at least spelled the arena's name right?

Comment

Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post
                                Could you have at least spelled the arena's name right?
                                Autocorrect. It happens

Comment

Working...
                                X