WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up Next: North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Up Next: North Carolina

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
    Well said. Would have been a fun atmosphere for him, too. Plus side is he got to see his family.
    Of course he could have come to UNI and played up the road from his family all 4 years.
    Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
    Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
    - George Halas

Comment

Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
      Of course he could have come to UNI and played up the road from his family all 4 years.
      At least he didn't sign the letter first. Sorry, are we past that?

Comment

I would not be surprised to see Marcus dressed and start----then pulled.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckycat View Post
          I would not be surprised to see Marcus dressed and start----then pulled.
          Roy could name him as a starter, have him introduced, not send him out and live with a 1 FT Administrative technical, I would imagine.
          #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
            Roy could name him as a starter, have him introduced, not send him out and live with a 1 FT Administrative technical, I would imagine.
            Better idea: We line up for the center jump and intentionally allow Paige to score a layup then they allow us to do the same.
            "And immediately, (P'Allen Stinnett's) Facebook status was spouting vulgarities towards the university."

Comment

Williams won't do some gimmick. If he can play a little, he will start and see limited time. If not, we won't see gimmicks.

As for the game, we have got to hit the defensive glass HARD and we have to make our shots.

Make shots lets our defense get back and set.
              Grab defensive rebounds doesn't let UNC score easy buckets against an out-of position group.
              We will have to win this as a group, not by trying to match up talent individual by individual.
              Number of times on Sports Illustrated cover:
              Ben Jacobson coached teams = 2
              UNI teams coached by everyone ban thinks is better = 0

Comment

Opening point spread a bit lower than I would have guessed, UNC favored by 6
                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                  Opening point spread a bit lower than I would have guessed, UNC favored by 6
                  Agreed. I was a pretty surprised. Thought they'd open -12 or so.
                  #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by catsize View Post
                    Williams won't do some gimmick. If he can play a little, he will start and see limited time. If not, we won't see gimmicks.

As for the game, we have got to hit the defensive glass HARD and we have to make our shots.

Make shots lets our defense get back and set.
                    Grab defensive rebounds doesn't let UNC score easy buckets against an out-of position group.
                    We will have to win this as a group, not by trying to match up talent individual by individual.
                    You may be right Cat----maybe you know him better than I do--- but honoring the player that is the only reason Roy brought his team to Cedar Falls is certainly not a "Gimic."

Comment

We need to be LOUD. Oppressively loud. Like the last WSU game and the last few Creighton games rolled into one.

Comment

F*** Creighton...

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                          F*** Creighton...
                          AMEN and HALLELUYAH
                          Number of times on Sports Illustrated cover:
                          Ben Jacobson coached teams = 2
                          UNI teams coached by everyone ban thinks is better = 0

Comment

Darnit. Can't sleep. Haven't felt this level of excitement since March (at least about sports related items, I suppose my life doesn't completely revolve around the Panthers)

Comment

Game day!! It feels like Christmas morning as a little kid. Let's just hope we're getting presents and not a big lump of coal today.

Comment

I'm going into this one pessimistically. That way there is no way to go but up.
                                Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Working...
                                X