WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tom Kakert says McDermott is headed to Iowa

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom Kakert says McDermott is headed to Iowa

Kakert said that Alford has already contacted Keith Smart about joing him at Indiana. He also said that Greg McDermott is #1 on Bob Bowlsby's list.

Well, if Chuck Norris Loves UNI, that has to be correct. I have no doubt that McDerrmott would be high on Bob's list, but find it a little hard to believe that Alford contacting anyone would be public knowledge. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but have a hard time believing that Hawkeye Report would know about it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris loves UNI
      Kakert said that Alford has already contacted Keith Smart about joing him at Indiana. He also said that Greg McDermott is #1 on Bob Bowlsby's list.
      Let's get real here folks. I'm sure Keith Smart then called this Kakert character and gave him all this information. Do you seriously think that in the closing days of the Big 10 season, Alford is going to do or say anything to anyone that could possibly get out such as this Keith Smart junk. And it aslo just makes sense that Bowlsby not only shared his list with Kakert, but the order of his choices. Never thinking that Kakert would dare post it on a message board.
      And guess what----McDermott and his family were house hunting Thurs in Iowa City. Yeah, right. 'cause no one would notice that. Focus people, focus. We've got a HUGE game coming up Wed. night.

PR
      You don't break out the Purple and Gold on game days or look for special gifts and gadgets bearing the colors because you want to be seen among the loyal. Purple and Gold aren't colors you see---they're colors you feel. They run through your veins with a continuous roar.

Ya Gotta Believe

Comment

You missed a step PR! Alford actually sold his house in Iowa City to McDermott after buying a high school gym in Indiana and having it remodeled into a house for him and his family!! Can we at least wait until the Final Four for this garbage!!
        #MACtion

Comment

There is so much stupidity floating around right now, it's almost hard to believe.

Comment

I know Kakert and he likes to jump to conclusions sometimes.

Also I'm willing to bet I know who Chuck Norris is.

Comment

Originally posted by Newsbreaker
              There is so much stupidity floating around right now, it's almost hard to believe.
              Nothing but the finest from the Jihadic wing of Hawkeye fans

Comment

I agree with PR. Greg, Theresa and family are focusing on the "now". Trust me on that. Bob Bowlsby is one of the most confidential men I know. His first conversations will be with President Skorton and it will roll from there. We need to focus on Bradley, the MVC and the NCAA's. Greg will make his decision based on what is, first, bestfor his family and Tre's medical needs, then the potential of the offered program and how it fits with his coaching future. UNI will do all we can to keep him but the truth is, it is a McDermott family decision not a media one.

Now...can we talk about getting the Dome rocking and rolling for our Benny, John and Erik. We need to give them a senior send off that matches the
                basketball growth and games they have given us!

Comment

May I repeat something one last time?

THERE IS NO JOB OPEN IN IOWA CITY!

Not yet, anyway, and there may not be for a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Newsbreaker
                    May I repeat something one last time?

THERE IS NO JOB OPEN IN IOWA CITY!

Not yet, anyway, and there may not be for a very long time.
                    Especially after McDermott takes the job!
                    **Go ** Panthers** and Buckeyes**!!

Comment

Especially after McDermott takes the job!
                      I can't resist a nice turn of phrase... oh, wait... never mind.

"Once it starts, it never ends."
                      -Eldon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Norris loves UNI
                        If his goal is advancing to becoming a head coach, why would Keith Smart want to go from being an NBA assistant to an Indiana assistant?
                        "Lot of people talked about Ohio State or Georgetown or Michigan State or whoever, [or] Maryland in our bracket. When the brackets came out, the first team I looked at was Northern Iowa," Kansas Coach Bill Self.

Comment

Pantherwoman and PR bring some good points to this thread. Three seniors will play their last home game Wednesday and we owe them a lot of support. Rumors will always follow a successful coach and we should be very happy with what we have here at UNI. Go Panthers!!
                          GO PANTHERS !!

Comment

Why is it automatic that Mac would go to Iowa and sit in the middle of that fish bowl? I'm with PR and Panther woman............you guys in the know, go howl at the moon!
                            Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back.

Before you wonder "Am I doing things right," ask "Am I doing the right things?"

Comment

Gee...maybe for the money

Are you guys that naive or or just plain clueless? Iowa will pay their next coach over one million dollars a year. I doubt Coach McDermott could turn that down.

Comment

Working...
                              X