WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trey croft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trey croft

Interesting Jake says Trey Croft won’t be there till August. Wonder if there is academic issues if he couldn’t get his AA degree at Iowa Central on schedule which is a 2 year degree school and I assume UNI wanted him to be working out with the team this summer and now he won’t be part of much of off season workouts.

This is been known for a while.

He needed one class to finish his degree and is doing that one this summer.

This isnt something that comes out of no where. Coaches knew long ago. It was said on here probably a month ago almost at this point.
    Last edited by clenz; 07-11-2018, 09:32 PM.
    "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
    -A twist on Matt Campbell getting Iowa State bowl eligible.

Comment

Ok we will see what happens I hope he ends up getting everything complete to be able to come to UNI

Comment

I don't think there's any reason to believe he won't be on campus in August.
        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

As a transfer he has to sit out the entire year anyways. I don't think missing a handful of summer practices will be a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
            As a transfer he has to sit out the entire year anyways. I don't think missing a handful of summer practices will be a big deal.
            I thought JUCO transfers didn't have to sit? Or am I remembering wrong? If so, that's great, get a scholarship out of that 2020 class, but I thought the big perk of JUCO is that you play right away.

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
              Trae Berhow, who is also transferring in (after having attended Pepperdine), will have to sit out a year, but I don't think Trey Croft has, since he is coming from a JuCo

Comment

Juco xfers can play without sitting a year.
                Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

I do think missing all summer activities and playing in the fall is a big deal. Miss out on a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post

Trae Berhow, who is also transferring in (after having attended Pepperdine), will have to sit out a year, but I don't think Trey Croft has, since he is coming from a JuCo
                    Shoot! Yes, I mixed him up with Berhow. That changes things quit a bit.
                    This will be a team with a lot of new faces learning to gel with one-another. Because he's a point guard (and a lefty to boot) who'll have the ball in his hands a lot, missing the entire summer session is a big missed opportunity. A real bummer to him and the team.
                    Last edited by orangetennis; 07-12-2018, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X