WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 2: UNI vs Vermont

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 2: UNI vs Vermont

Moving on! Let's hope the lid comes off the basket tomorrow. I hope we see a little more emotion and aggressiveness tomorrow as well. The talent is there, but it just felt like we were going through the motions on offense.

Man I'm gonna have a real hard time finding the strength to keep watching this team if we don't bag a win here.

Phyfe will probably do his thing. Need our shooters to find some confidence asap. Reduce stupid turnovers. Play with more passion.

Edit: And for the love of God, make sure the ESPN stream is working!!!

Comment

Interestingly enough, there seem to be a similar amount of tickets sold, maybe even a little better for Thursday night. Biggest thing will be if the students come back or not.

Comment

Going to be critical that Carter can play. Without him we're down to 8 players. Need Born back, yesterday, too. Henry would be the 11th guy, but doesn't seem to matter. Now, that he has proven to be unreliable.
        Last edited by BrockLesnar; 11-10-2021, 09:17 PM.

Comment

I still think Green can turn pro early, but returning next season would help him develop to a higher level. I don't know if he wants a Masters degree, though.

Comment

Originally posted by BrockLesnar View Post
            I still think Green can turn pro early, but returning next season would help him develop to a higher level. I don't know if he wants a Masters degree, though.
            You only have so many years to make money playing basketball. He's gone whether it's the NBA or the G League.
            #MACtion

Comment

Have there been any updates on Noah Carter?

Comment

Even if Carter doesn't start squeezing out about 15 minutes could make the difference, tonight. I like both Betz and Carter backing up Phyfe in the post along with their usual 4 spot. Five guys with guard ability at times can turn a game the right way.
                Last edited by BrockLesnar; 11-10-2021, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Once we settle in I'd foresee a solid nine plus 2 rotation. Nine: Born, Green, Berhow, Carter, Phyfe, Heise, Pickford, Kimmons, and Betz plus Anderson and Henry. The two walkons and three redshirts add more depth to practice.

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
                    Have there been any updates on Noah Carter?
                    I've heard nothing but I sure would like to hear one way or another.
                    "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

You only have so many years to make money playing basketball. He's gone whether it's the NBA or the G League.
                      GLeague pays about $37,000.

unless he gets a guaranteed two way NBA deal. Which is extremely long odds for his skill set.

I think it’s more likely he goes into the transfer portal.

Comment

As of 8:40 am 5.5 favorite. Generous. O/u 134.

Comment

Just win baby! And please let there be an ESPN stream on time tonight... For the love of all things Panther basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post

GLeague pays about $37,000.

unless he gets a guaranteed two way NBA deal. Which is extremely long odds for his skill set.

I think it’s more likely he goes into the transfer portal.
                            Just guessing, but doubt he transfers unless there’s some kind of NIL guarantee along with his scholarship offer. My guess is he goes to Europe. Better money than G League, and with a path back to the NBA if he plays well enough.

Comment

Yeah, he's got absolutely nothing to gain by transferring.

If you're going to get exposed (which he won't) you might as well be making money while you're doing it.
                              #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                              X