WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2018 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also the state of Iowa 2019 HS class seems to be stacked with players who are potentially perfect for UNI so depending on how they develop might be nice to 2 open instead of 1. (Hilmer/Noah Carter/Krogman). I'm sure I'm forgetting some and not including the ones that are already too big for us most likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
      Also the state of Iowa 2019 HS class seems to be stacked with players who are potentially perfect for UNI so depending on how they develop might be nice to 2 open instead of 1. (Hilmer/Noah Carter/Krogman). I'm sure I'm forgetting some and not including the ones that are already too big for us most likely.
      Can you elaborate on these names? I can't seem to find them anywhere (doing a minimal amount of searching, granted).

Comment

• It looks like we are definitely Kaifes best offer, although that might not mean as much as we seem to think it should.

Does anyone know what our level of interest in Justice is?

Comment

• Haven't seen anything related to UNI and Justice in several months. My guess is that there isn't the level of interest there once was (reading the tea leaves so to speak).
          The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

Can you elaborate on these names? I can't seem to find them anywhere (doing a minimal amount of searching, granted).
            I'm not saying any of these guys will get or should get an offer but they are all very good Iowa HS Players, and we have no shot at guys like Carton or Locure.

Hilmer is a PG from North Linn who has already led the state in assists.
            Carter is a post from Dubuque Senior, who recently picked up a North Dakota.
            Krogmann is a wing/forward from West Delaware and probably the most likely one to get an offer.

A center from Spirit Lake also committed to the SDSU from this class already.

Comment

• Kaifes to Loyola per Twitter.
              I honestly don't know where UNI goes now with scholarship offers. I don't believe that they have a scholarship offered to anyone else as of this moment (at least publicly).
              The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

• That's a kick to the teeth.
                #MACtion

Comment

• Frustrating. What does it take to land a guy!?!? It feels like we're starting from scratch at this point.

Comment

• How is it that we sign a four star recruit and that somehow makes us far less likely to sign someone?

Comment

• Dumbfounded.

Now what? Any interesting transfers out there, because I sure don't wanna settle on someone and essentially waste a scholly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panthers to the Bone View Post
                        Kaifes to Loyola per Twitter.
                        I honestly don't know where UNI goes now with scholarship offers. I don't believe that they have a scholarship offered to anyone else as of this moment (at least publicly).
                        Jacobson just tweeted something about Kaifes yesterday, so that's embarrassing to lose him within hours.

I really struggle to understand how a kid would prefer Loyola which hasn't been to the NCAA tournament in 32 years and playing in front of consistently miserable environment at the Gentile center (and I speak from first hand experience). I shouldn't type this, but does he get a penthouse condo overlooking Lake Michigan?

Comment

• No, I think he gets 1,000 years off of purgatory.

(Happy 500th anniversary of the 95 Theses month!)

Comment

• Ugh...frustrating.

Back to the transfer well? It's worked for us in the past.

Comment

• Maybe coach Jake is waiting to see what happens with the NCAA investigation and snag one of the decommits. Just wishful thinking.

Comment

• Maybe Iowa St will be involved and Haliburton will come here. Is that too much to wish for?!
                                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Working...
                                X