WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2023 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
    I'm home with a sick kid, so I've been watching a little bit of highlight videos from our 2023 offers. This RJ Taylor kid is phenomenal. Even if he couldn't shoot I would want him for his passing ability, but he can shoot. He may blow up past us, but my goodness is he fun to watch. It would be nice if we had a big he could throw some lobs for, because he is lights out with that pass. He makes it look easy, and that is not always an easy pass.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/14743576/RJ-Taylor
    I posted something similar about him a few weeks ago. Love his game but to get the most from him he needs to be paired with an above the rim athlete or two which our roster typically lacks. I hope we get him regardless but my guess is he eventually signs elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

I posted something similar about him a few weeks ago. Love his game but to get the most from him he needs to be paired with an above the rim athlete or two which our roster typically lacks. I hope we get him regardless but my guess is he eventually signs elsewhere.
      We've got Chase Courbat....
      #MACtion

Comment

Watched class of 2023 Erick Reader play on Sunday. He’s a 6-9” forward out of New Life Academy in Woodbury, Minnesota and plays AAU with the Minnesota Grass Roots Sizzle organization. He has interest from Belmont and North Dakota State. I know we recruit the Twin Cities area. Anyone know if we have any interest in him?

Comment

Sounds like Dallas Bear visited Marquette, Got to imagine hes one of our main targets right now

Comment

I just ran across this during my occasional UNI Twitter search - I'm not sure who this kid is, what year he is, or if it's even real, but he says he's received an offer from us. According to his Twitter he's from Florida and also has offers from Florida Gulf Coast and Stetson.

To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
              I just ran across this during my occasional UNI Twitter search - I'm not sure who this kid is, what year he is, or if it's even real, but he says he's received an offer from us. According to his Twitter he's from Florida and also has offers from Florida Gulf Coast and Stetson.

https://twitter.com/Gavinball___/sta...6jwpoPicA&s=19
              Yeah. That definitely doesn't look legit.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                RJ Taylor, who we've already offered, set to visit UNI in October...

RJ Taylor, 2023 guard, will be taking an official visit to Northern Iowa from October 1st to 3rd

The Panther staff is pushing hard for the @MeanstreetsEYB/@GrandBlancHoops high IQ, hard-nosed offensive engine https://t.co/kYD94rgipk
                I'm not writing this as an attack on the AD's office, but was curious if it's typical that nothing is mentioned of an official visit by that school the prospect is visiting. I had to seek out any sort of information on this visit and it was put out by his high school.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post

I'm not writing this as an attack on the AD's office, but was curious if it's typical that nothing is mentioned of an official visit by that school the prospect is visiting. I had to seek out any sort of information on this visit and it was put out by his high school.
                  I don't recall a school ever doing that. It's only ever been the prospect or their coach/high school doing it.

Comment

We can't even really get signing day graphics out there, let alone official visits.

And yes, it's become a lot more common for schools to produce graphics and content for official visits to use on their social media pages...
                    #MACtion

Comment

xavior foster Is now a free agent after ISU kicked him off the team…..

things I’ve read have him connected to a sexual assault situation. Clearly not a good situation and it would seem this story has legs if ISU is kicking him to the curb.
                      Last edited by unipanther2154; 10-08-2021, 08:28 PM.

Comment

The details are absolutely sickening. I hope the ****er rots in prison.

Throw away a million dollar talent by being an absolute scum bag.
                        #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                          We can't even really get signing day graphics out there, let alone official visits.

And yes, it's become a lot more common for schools to produce graphics and content for official visits to use on their social media pages...
                          Oh, I misunderstood, that definitely has become a lot more common. Does this kid even have social media?

Comment

Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

Oh, I misunderstood, that definitely has become a lot more common. Does this kid even have social media?
                            He does. He tweeted Cedar Falls with the location marker when he came.

Comment

Sounds like Dallas Bear is blowing up a little. He's been in contact with a handful of high majors as well as several mid-majors. He has visits set up with Nebraska and others in the coming weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

Wouldn't this make for an interesting spot for Daniel Tobiloba to pair with RJ Taylor if we are so fortunate? I understand he is incredibly raw, but if we had a guy that forced defenses to sag in toward the hoop and give some of our shooters an extra bit of space....pick your poison.

Comment

Working...
                                X