WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Softball

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Softball

UNI opens the 2019 softball season with home opener at the Dome Classic. Good luck ladies. Here's to an awesome year!

See the softball team is back in Cedar Falls next weekend and has a game on April 3rd vs Iowa in CF also. Am I correct to assume these will be in the Dome? I am making that assumption based on our weather. I didn't see any specifics on the panther website.

Comment

Too early to make that decision yet. Lots can change in our weather before next weekend and April 3, but it does look like some wet weather coming in this week. Lucky to have the Dome as an option.

Comment

I believe there is a USAW Wrestling event scheduled for the Dome next weekend

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
          I believe there is a USAW Wrestling event scheduled for the Dome next weekend
          That could make softball scheduling interesting. Last year when UNI hosted the USAW event they moved UNI softball games to Missouri State because Robinson-Dresser was unplayable.
          Last edited by panthergirl123; 03-24-2019, 07:33 PM.

Comment

In the Monday press conference, coach Jacobs said the field "looks good" but that the forecast warm weather for Wednesday would be a big help. He didn't say if the team has been practicing on it. Right now Friday looks like rain, followed by chilly temps Sat. & Sun.

Continuing a theme from last season, he's still not happy with the hitting despite high-scoring Saturdays the last two weekends. Concern that the hitters are not "trusting the process" and adjusting through the games and series. Also said that there are some players with 50+ at bats this season who have not been productive, and that he may give opportunities to less experienced players going forward.

No mention of why Brittney Krodinger hasn't played the last 4 games, after a multi-homer day at Indiana State a week ago. He did acknowledge the return of Jackie Spencer (yes!), said she's not yet our #1 and will have to earn that, but pitched well at MSU.

For those with access to the BTN2Go app, game one at Wisconsin today will be available at 3PM

Comment

The team did practice on the diamond Mon as I drove past.

I went to to the game at Wisconsin Tuesday. One Wisconsin fan approached me and asked what city is Northern Illinois located in. I responded that we are Northern Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
                The team did practice on the diamond Mon as I drove past.

I went to to the game at Wisconsin Tuesday. One Wisconsin fan approached me and asked what city is Northern Illinois located in. I responded that we are Northern Iowa.
                "So what is the Wyoming softball team doing in the midwest?"

Comment

I deal with people all across the country for my job. Geography is not exactly a strong suit for many people across the US. It never surprises me with the Northern Illinois/Iowa mix up. Iowa is also mixed up alot with Ohio and Idaho.

Comment

“Oh, a lot of potatoes, right?”

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
                      “Oh, a lot of potatoes, right?”
                      Yup. Hear that often.

Comment

Game time change. Saturday single game at 2:00. Sunday double header beginning at noon.

home opener!

Comment

Ladies won both games of the doubleheader today. Great job ladies!
                          Next up: Iowa comes into town on April 3 at 6pm.

Comment

Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
                            In the Monday press conference, coach Jacobs said the field "looks good" but that the forecast warm weather for Wednesday would be a big help. He didn't say if the team has been practicing on it. Right now Friday looks like rain, followed by chilly temps Sat. & Sun.

Continuing a theme from last season, he's still not happy with the hitting despite high-scoring Saturdays the last two weekends. Concern that the hitters are not "trusting the process" and adjusting through the games and series. Also said that there are some players with 50+ at bats this season who have not been productive, and that he may give opportunities to less experienced players going forward.

No mention of why Brittney Krodinger hasn't played the last 4 games, after a multi-homer day at Indiana State a week ago. He did acknowledge the return of Jackie Spencer (yes!), said she's not yet our #1 and will have to earn that, but pitched well at MSU.

For those with access to the BTN2Go app, game one at Wisconsin today will be available at 3PM
                            I think Jaclyn is the #1 now and her bat needs to be in the lineup every game.

Comment

Agreed. Olejniczak is really good at times but inconsistent. Craig hasn't been pitching much lately, I've been wondering what's happening there; I thought her the clear #1 coming into the season. Great to see Spencer knock one out! Good that Brittney K at least got an at-bat over the weekend, but we need her in the field also.

Comment

Working...
                              X