WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI Wrestling Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI Wrestling Schedule

According to the Courier, the wrestling schedule has been released. It says that our home duals will be held at the West Gym.

I have to assume that either no fans or limited numbers can attend in such a small environment, right? Nelson made no mention of the plan in the article.
    Last edited by A Fan In Lean Years; 01-03-2021, 05:45 PM.
    Which winning percentage is better? 66% or 63%?

You are obviously a troll if you don't know that the Panther home wrestling meets have been held in West Gym for almost 100 years.
    "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Big Cats View Post
      You are obviously a troll if you don't know that the Panther home wrestling meets have been held in West Gym for almost 100 years.
      False. Panther home duals were held in the McLeod center during part of that 100 years that you mention.

And, of course, you completely missed the question that I was asking, didn't you? Of course you did...

Comment

Not to be called a idiot by big cats, I was wondering if The duels will be held at the McLeod center so that the fans could socially distance. I think you could take all the season-ticket holder‘s and adequately space them in the McLeod center.

by the way, several years back, they were holding several of the duels in the McLeod center but then stop doing that.

Comment

The Oklahoma and Oklahoma State duals will both be in the McLeod Center. The duals against Central Michigan, Northern Colorado, and Iowa State (all on the same date) could be in the West Gym, although I'm not really sure why. There was talk of a women's basketball game being held (looking at their schedule they are at Bradley that weekend), a volleyball game (that's on the 14th, so no real conflict there), and a softball game or something similar in the Dome that weekend (nothing on the softball schedule). UNI said that during media day last Wednesday, so I guess we'll just have to kind of wait and see.

Fan attendance hasn't been announced yet, but they're anticipating the same regulations as basketball.

Comment

Did the meet today get cancelled or something ? I go to live stats and it shows nothing, and on one web site its not 2 and 4 for the meet it says 5 and 7
            Feel the Power of Purple !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 01PantherFan View Post
              Did the meet today get cancelled or something ? I go to live stats and it shows nothing, and on one web site its not 2 and 4 for the meet it says 5 and 7
              I’m pretty sure UNI won both , don’t know final scores

Comment

Yep, Cats won 28-13 against SDSU and 27-11 against NDSU. Isley (#10 ranked heavyweight) was able to pin Metz (#15 ranked from NDSU) in about 40 seconds, so that's fun. Solid day, overall.

Comment

What happened to Keaton Geerts at 157? He’s not even on the roster.

Comment

Good dual win today, beat #18 Oklahoma at the McLeod Center. Isley is still looking real real good.

Comment

Recognizing that ISU won’t get three starters back until February, it’s still fair to say that UNI’s win over #17 OKU was more impressive than ISU’s. Our wrestlers, including our young guys, looked confident and determined. Would I rather have been watching in the West Gym? Sure. But being able to assemble in McLeod was a joy for those who’ve been waiting a long time to again see live Panther wrestling in CF.

Comment

Originally posted by English77 View Post
                        Would I rather have been watching in the West Gym? Sure. .
                        Gotta love that elbow room though that the McLeod center offers, just like last year when OK State came there.

A crowded West Gym is good for atmosphere, but I still miss the days of elbow room in the West Gym, a cooler temperature, and not having to get there over an hour before the meet starts to get MY seat.
                        Last edited by A Fan In Lean Years; 01-25-2021, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherInsider View Post
                          What happened to Keaton Geerts at 157? He’s not even on the roster.
                          Just saw today that he's transferred to Iowa Central. Is ranked 6th at 165.

Comment

Working...
                          X