WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI hosting Iowa State for wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI hosting Iowa State for wrestling

Where is the thread about this meet? Not finding one, I'll start it. I'm hoping to attend as it has the potential to be even more exciting than last year! Any of you grappling experts have analysis to give in advance of the meet?

UNI wins at 125, 133, 141, 157, 174, 184

Iowa State wins at 165, 197 and HWT.

149 is a toss-up.

Looks pretty damn good for the Panthers.
    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
      UNI wins at 125, 133, 141, 157, 174, 184

Iowa State wins at 165, 197 and HWT.

149 is a toss-up.

Looks pretty damn good for the Panthers.
      Cody Goodwin did a preview article and scored it 18-14, Panthers. Feels about right, guys are gonna need to come to play. Need the Happel we saw this past weekend, not the one we saw against the Oklahoma schools.

Comment

There was some pretty fun banter between Schwab and Dresser in press conferences. Schwab called Dresser old and said he was willing to "take him out." Dresser did a cumbersome comedy routine using emoji posters. All-in-all, they show what good-natured, yet all-out competition can look like.

Comment

Good article in the Des Moines Register this morning by Cody Goodwin that included a few paragraphs about each match-up. I'm planning to bring it with me to help me be ready for what sounds like great match-ups, one-after-another.

Comment

I hope the energy on this forum is not indicative of the crowd support for the meet tonight. Surprised there isn't more chatter about what seems to be one of the best meets in a long time. Competitive all through the lineup. Can't wait.

Comment

Just home from the meet after a stop downtown. *Great* atmosphere in McLeod—and record attendance. Tough loss for UNI. No Realbuto in the lineup. Two losses where there could have been wins (Runyan and Biscoglia). I think perhaps ISU is ranked a little too high, and UNI a little too low. Both great programs. On to Wisconsin (winnable) and then the Big 12 tourney.

Comment

The energy for the panthers was amazing last nite. Awesome to be a part of. Kudos for the extra beer stations and the delicious georges local hamburgers!!! Anyone know whats wrong with realbuto?

Comment

Been very close to the vest on the Buto situation, no one I've talked to has known anything even the general severity. We'll see next week. If Glaser is healthy he should get the nod at 197, I want 4 FULL years of Voelker, he's gonna be a baaaad man. Massive improvement from even just 2 weeks ago against a good dude from Oklahoma State against a guy that's better and an absolute freak in Yonger Bastida. Missed opportunities last night...again. Bisco got a taste of his own medicine and couldn't adjust, way more disappointed in Runyon, no way you should lose with a 3-0 lead heading to the 3rd.

Comment

Also last night was not a record attendance, had 100 more roughly when Iowa visited the McLeod in 2006 (first year it was open).

Comment

A little too crowded for my liking, folks, but a whopping 5,700+ last night! 3,700 more tickets sold and revenue produced for the athletics department by moving into the McLeod over the Sardine Can.

BAD MOVE indeed by Harris to earn a ton more revenue for athletics, eh, folks!?

Comment

The crowd just exploded when UNI took 125.

Comment

This is kind of fun

Comment

I got my photos up from the dual. Check 'em out!

Comment

Anyone else a little concerned we won't finish top 20 at NCAAs? The last month or so, it seems like the only guy we can count on is Keck, which is obviously great as he can get the team an additional 16 points, potentially. Just doesn't seem like anyone else, besides Realbuto with his win over Sasso, has looked capable of winning an upset the last month or month and a half. Maybe the rest of our athletics programs are making me too pessimistic.

Comment

Working...
                              X