WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farley Can't Close Out When It Counts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Farley Can't Close Out When It Counts

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    Two years ago I was as down on Farley as anybody on this board.

That's said, if you run him out can you really find someone who is going to be a significant upgrade? Countless programs have run out consistent winners looking to get to the 'next level'and it pretty much universally fails.

We're spoiled. We win 10+ games annually, usually a playoff game or two. Do you know how many programs would kill for our success? Sure, the late season and big game losses are disappointing, but at the same time we forget about a bunch of the big wins (SIU '03 '05 '07, WKU '05, Texas State, UNH x3, Iowa State x2) I just think there is some lost perspective....
    No you don't, three of the last four years you did not make it to ten. Google definition of annually is " 1. once a year; every year. ". Try this quote instead " We make it to ten wins sometimes ", that would be an accurate statement.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
      thank you, what a poor oversight on my part. Thats what happens when you have 3 drinks on your tab watching the game and come home to post on the message board...

(3 Buckets of beer at Benchwarmers
      Try doing it from under the table on your I Phone at the bar.

Comment

Originally posted by TennBison View Post
        No you don't, three of the last four years you did not make it to ten. Google definition of annually is " 1. once a year; every year. ". Try this quote instead " We make it to ten wins sometimes ", that would be an accurate statement.
        Are you trying to communicate in some sort of Russian spy code?
        "Another six or seven years and 1988 will be made to feel slightly unwelcome, I'm sure."

Quote from Newsbreaker, mark the time 10:47pm, August 31, 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
          you don't call fumbles on kickoffs, you call the plays that put the ball in the end zone after you get those fumbles. Kicking field goals when we should be putting the ball in the end zone is an issue. You don't call two broken tackles and an 85 yard run for a td. Our defensive play calling in the fourth quarter is different than in the first three when we have a lead. When we are in this defense teams pick us apart running the ball and throwing it over the middle and then getting yac (North Dakota, Western Illinois, Deleware)

What our coaching staff excels at is developing players to cause fumbles, kick field goals, break tackles, and run fast. This staff always has. Thats why we win 80% of our football games in this regime. We are better than 80% of the teams we play. We are the same as 10% of the teams we play, and worse than 10% that is where we struggle to get W's. Beating the teams that maybe we should, and maybe we shouldn't. (NDSU, Richmond, App State, Southern Illinois)

Your right about one thing. This year is far from over. We have three hard games left this year as far as i'm concerned against teams we should beat (SIU at home, SDSU on the road, and believe it or not MSU on the road). If we don't run the table it won't be because were not the best team on the field. Its okay for fans to question coaches. Thats a sign that there is interest in the programs. 20 years ago we didn't have fans that cared this much. I'm so glad that we do. Every fan base must have them, more times that not there can be great discussion brought up about it.
          I understand what your saying Jeg I was just saying blaming it on the coaches alone is wrong, as i said you can call the best play possible but if the players dont execute it doesnt work, also if the D reads the play correct and adjust to it that has a impact as well, all i meant was saying that Farley and the coaches didnt call the correct plays as the main reason of losing the game is off
          Feel the Power of Purple !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 01PantherFan View Post
            I understand what your saying Jeg I was just saying blaming it on the coaches alone is wrong, as i said you can call the best play possible but if the players dont execute it doesnt work, also if the D reads the play correct and adjust to it that has a impact as well, all i meant was saying that Farley and the coaches didnt call the correct plays as the main reason of losing the game is off
            I can handle that, fair enough.
            Illinois State Fan at a St. Louis White Castle 3:45AM Saturday March 6th:

"White Castle?" "more like Black Castle..."

You stay classy Redbirds.

Comment

Try doing it from under the table on your I Phone at the bar.
              Haven't you ruined enough threads on this blog, Lakes II? TN and ND? Are you the first in your family to walk upright, or will it take a few more generations; assuming no more than the usual UncleDaddy hanky panky sneeks into the bloodline?

Comment

We have had that kind of success in the past over a fairly long period of time, is what he means. Forgive him for taking a smaller sample size to talk about the strength of our program. It's what NDSU fans do everyday when they act like they've always been superior, despite having poor Valley records before finally breaking out these last 2 years.
                Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                - George Halas

Comment

My favorite NDSUism is that they've won titles in every decade other than the 00s. They didn't win a title from 1990 until 2011, most of that time in DII, while we were one of the winningest programs in Division I over that same period of time...
                  #MACtion

Comment

My favorite NDSUism is that they've won titles

Comment

My favorite NDSUism is that they've won titles in every decade other than the 00s. They didn't win a title from 1990 until 2011, most of that time in DII, while we were one of the winningest programs in Division I over that same period of time...
                      At least NDSU has won titles, must suck for you Panther fans to regard yourselves as one of the best programs out there and not have any DI titles to show for it.

Comment

Yes, it's only our fans that regard uni as an elite program

Comment

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN View Post
                          Yes, it's only our fans that regard uni as an elite program.
                          FTFY

He's not a great reader. Don't make it more difficult on him

Comment

Originally posted by JayJ79 View Post
                            the polls don't necessarily dictate the playoff seeding. Even if NDSU and UNI finished 1 and 2 in the polls, they'd probably put Towson at 2 just to have some east coast presence.

But there is still alot of football to be played.
                            Very true, however, if the brackets work out like http://www.sportsnetwork.com/fcs/FCS_Bracket.pdf we still meet again in Frisco.

Comment

Originally posted by tjamz View Post
                              Very true, however, if the brackets work out like http://www.sportsnetwork.com/fcs/FCS_Bracket.pdf we still meet again in Frisco.
                              True but I think it's more likely that the Panthers get a #3 or 4 seed than the #7. But I'm being optimistic and assuming we win out. I suppose the #3 seed still doesn't meet NDSU until the NCAA but I'd bet that requires Sam. Houston or Towson to lose and given the conferences the Panthers will be facing the stiffer of competition

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post
                                I was as down on Farley as i could be after the Southern Illinois give away last year. I was bitter after Richmond but I dont think he will go down like that ever again.

I like the players Farley gets. The new crop of dbacks look awesome.

I think ndsu is elevating Farley's game.

It wasn't Farley that fumbled a 100 yd. TD the other way going into the end zone..

Comment

Working...
                                X