WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future Schedules

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Macattackiowa View Post
    I also notice that there are almost no games between teams in marque confrences in the PCS that play each other the, Gateway need to get some games against the A-10, Big Sky, Great West, or SOCon and try to advance the competion of our subdivision
    I am not afraid to play anyone, but the Gateway in itself is tough week in and week out....beating the A-10, Big Sky, Great West or SoCon in the playoffs is enough for me.

Comment

i kinda just got slapped in the face huh
      ["the Northern Iowa Panthers, corn-fed stars of the Missouri Valley with three straight NCAA appearances"-Kyle Whelliston

"Ka Boom Ka Bullseye"-the Gary Rima

Comment

I don't think you got slapped in the face. Chitown and Mountain stated their points without being harsh. UNI would lose money by playing ISU to a 3 for 1. We need that financial payday to keep the non-revenue sports maintained. It's hard to justify giving up 3 paydays (which is essentially what we would be doing) to host one game against ISU (where students still get in free)...and ISU would have no part in giving up a home game to UNI. Just my interpretation of what they said. I don't think they meant any rudeness.
        The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

ya i know a metaphorical slap
          ["the Northern Iowa Panthers, corn-fed stars of the Missouri Valley with three straight NCAA appearances"-Kyle Whelliston

"Ka Boom Ka Bullseye"-the Gary Rima

Comment

Time to move on. When is the Football Spring Game this year? And, can we get the countdown ticker again to the 1st football game on 9/1/07 like we had last last year?

Thanks to Grant and Brooks for the memories, and good luck in the future!

Comment

Originally posted by lightnin49 View Post
              When is the Football Spring Game this year?
              Saturday April 21st

Comment

So is it two-a-days in the weightroom until April 21st?

Comment

Wa-zam! Just saw that UNI finished 9th nationally in indoor track this weekend. Any football players on this team?

Comment

As of Friday, Hartzell was looking into three possibilities - a two-game series with Appalachian State, a one-time trip to Mississippi State and potential options against Drake.
                    The Lord reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice, clouds and thick darkness surround Him; righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him, and consumes his foes on every side; His lightning lights up the world; the earth sees and trembles; the mountains melt like wax before the Lord of all the earth. The heavens proclaim His righteousness and all peoples will see His glory.

Comment

attn: alum 95 & chitown panther...there is no longer a 1A or 1AA classification. If Panther fans don't realize this then how can we expect the media or fans of other schools to understand it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
                        attn: alum 95 & chitown panther...there is no longer a 1A or 1AA classification. If Panther fans don't realize this then how can we expect the media or fans of other schools to understand it?
                        Here we go again...

Comment

Originally posted by Mudrafan View Post
                          If you're going to attempt to correct someone, at least do it right - it used to be I-A and I-AA, not 1A and 1AA.

Comment

I say take the Mississippi State game. We get the payday and they are a program that doesn't have much going for it. It would give us 2 winnable FBS games...

Comment

Originally posted by D Panther View Post
                              I say take the Mississippi State game. We get the payday and they are a program that doesn't have much going for it. It would give us 2 winnable FBS games...
                              How much of a payday? Winnable game yes, but still a road game.

Comment

If we beat Iowa State and Miss St. on the road and everyone else on the schedule up until that point we would be undisputed #1 in the rankings, but this is a tall order.

Comment

Working...
                                X