WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Photos

So in my never-ending desire to see UNI treated the same as Iowa and Iowa State, I noticed there was a lack of updated photos out there just available of the UNI campus/athletic stuff. So I went to campus a couple weekends ago and took some! Here's the link to the gallery, let me know what you think.

Also I put this in the football forum because there's a really cool (IMO) edit of the Dome that I thought everyone would enjoy. Anyway, enjoy!

Ummm, Awesome! They look amazing!

Comment

These are great, especially the West Gym stuff, it's always looked over when it comes to UNI athletics structures.

Comment

Thank you both!

And I agree about the West Gym. It's a tough building to get a good angle on because of how close it is to Schindler, and the south side isn't exactly photogenic with the parking lot there.

Comment

I about fell over on your photoshopped picture of the dome. I’ve always thought the seat colors were not a big deal. Until now.

Comment

Yeah...can you send it to UNI’s athletics department and show them how nice UNI colors look! I don’t mind ISU, but don’t see a need to have them represented in our stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by FOTY View Post
              I about fell over on your photoshopped picture of the dome. I’ve always thought the seat colors were not a big deal. Until now.
              Haha I wish it were true, it really does make a big difference

Comment

Originally posted by EVSPanther View Post
                Yeah...can you send it to UNI’s athletics department and show them how nice UNI colors look! I don’t mind ISU, but don’t see a need to have them represented in our stadium.
                Already done. Well kind of. I sent the pic to David Harris via Twitter earlier tonight, I doubt he responds, but I bet he'll see it

Comment

Originally posted by DomeIsHome View Post

Already done. Well kind of. I sent the pic to David Harris via Twitter earlier tonight, I doubt he responds, but I bet he'll see it
                  There's a few other projects out there that are more pressing than new chairs, in my opinion. Though admittedly, they do look darn good.

Comment

Originally posted by EVSPanther View Post
                    I don’t mind ISU, but don’t see a need to have them represented in our stadium.
                    I've always told myself that red was for CFHS, since they play as many football games in the Dome as UNI does.

Comment

Next time I’m in there, I need to look at how the seats are put together. Why not just move half the red seats? Alternate, exchanging them for blue seats, so that all the current red and blue sections have alternating red and blue seats. From a distance, it would look purple.

Comment

Why spend any money on the seats at this point when the dome is going to be 80% blown apart and rebuilt in the next 5 years? They’ll come with that.

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post
                          Why spend any money on the seats at this point when the dome is going to be 80% blown apart and rebuilt in the next 5 years? They’ll come with that.
                          Is that this project? I assumed this was way down the line, one of the last things to be completed, or even one of those projects that's "two years away" every year.

Comment

Notice how that’s a “5 year strategic plan”.

I have no want to get into it here, but literally none of that is that far down the road.

The fact there are numbers attached to it and blue prints and drawings is telling.

Even earlier this summer when the basics of the plan were laid out David refused to give numbers - especially with the dome. There are now numbers attached. That isn’t a small detail.

Comment

An excellent collection!!

I love what you did with the seat colors in the Dome.

Comment

Working...
                              X