WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

***Game Thread NDSU, Week 6***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ***Game Thread NDSU, Week 6***

    Here we go. Are we the team that looked lost in Missoula or the team that appears to have an offense to match our typically outstanding defense.

    Thought NDSU (and SDSU for that matter) looked a bit on the slow side Saturday, I think we're the more athletic team. Its a matter of Farley not ****ting his pants in a big game and scoring touchdowns and not settling for field goals. Oh, and not playing prevent when we're up.

    Against my better judgement--
    UNI 24
    NDSU 17

    Don't forget the asinine start time of 1:00, so that we can all rush home and watch volleyball behind a paywall.
    #MACtion

  • #2
    I feel slightly better for this than I did 2 weeks ago.......slightly
    "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
    -A twist on Matt Campbell getting Iowa State bowl eligible.

    Comment


    • #3
      I got a feelin...
      "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

      Comment


      • #4
        NDSU - 35
        UNI - 17

        Comment


        • #5
          NDSU 24
          UNI 13

          I think we can win the game if the crowd is amazing and we force multiple turnovers. But they never beat themselves and we frequently do.

          Hope I am wrong but it will take an extraordinary effort to win this game.
          UNI FIGHT

          Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
            NDSU 24
            UNI 13

            I think we can win the game if the crowd is amazing and we force multiple turnovers. But they never beat themselves and we frequently do.

            Hope I am wrong but it will take an extraordinary effort to win this game.
            Several thousand good seats still available....

            #MACtion

            Comment


            • #7
              I also have a good feeling - i'm guessing we'll be a 10pt underdog on an actual line but this game feels like a pick em to me...hope the Cedar Valley decides to turn out for this game. I'd love to see the University do a big social media push and back it up with some CFU cable spots to get people out/make them aware. I do wish it were the usual 4pm kick but i guess it will be breakfast food on the tailgate menu.

              Comment


              • #8
                I have a good feeling about this one. The team has ironed out some kinks, has extra prep days, is playing at home, and against NDSU following a tough matchup with SDSU.

                Plus, a new Panther fan was born yesterday evening. Can't think of a better way to indoctrinate my daughter than for her first ever UNI game to be a win against NDSU! She'll be watching at home with her momma this time, though.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Congrats!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I hate to be the negative nelly on a somewhat positive thread... I just don't feel good about this game. Thinking it will be the largest point spread in the series in the MVFC era. IMO it's hard to judge if our offense has come alive or if it's just poor competition the past couple of weeks. I was at the first 3 games and until I see us move the ball with any consistency against good competition I'll hold back any hope.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by vbfan19
                      This fanbase will whine about everything.
                      1 p.m. is a perfectly normal start time for a football game, and many colleges around the country often start their games at 1 p.m.
                      Now if it were an 11 a.m. start, I could see some merit for complaints, but it isn't.
                      We aren't a school that has a history of 1PM kick offs. We aren't a school that has a reason to kick at 1. There are schools that have that history. Each school has "their time". UNI has made it a tradition to not kick that early. The only weekend I think an early kick makes sense is Family Weekend. Outside of that 4pm is the earliest UNI should kick. I'm fully in the camp of 6-6:30 as a kick time.

                      NDSU's normal kick time is early afternoon. We give NDSU all the advantage for the routine of game day.

                      We picked a game time that is completely different than our home routine all because of a volleyball game that they are begging people to go to with free tickets (and I'm a big proponent of our VB program) so that people that don't stay can watch behind a paywall.

                      It's not smart. There is pretty much no other program that has, what is sold as an elite level football program, going to let their football kick off set by a volleyball match.

                      This is the single most expensive ticket for this season. It is billed as a premium game. Hell, it's literally the only game listed as a premium game. Yet it kicks at 1. Premium games don't get stuck in-between two traditional kick off times (11 and 230) and in a slot that is a rare kick off time.

                      Premium games don't get second fiddled to another event on campus. Especially a volleyball game that would draw maybe 2,000 on it's own against a team that has a horrific record against UNI and is traditionally one of the worst programs in the conference.

                      There is over half the dome available for this game. Barring 7,000 walk up tickets on Saturday NDSU fans will out number UNI fans.

                      YAY PREMIUM GAMES KICKING AT 1PM BECAUSE VOLLEYBALL!!!!!
                      "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
                      -A twist on Matt Campbell getting Iowa State bowl eligible.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Looking forward to making it to Cedar Falls for this one. Arranged a trip to India so that I return on Friday. I'll be leveraging jet lag to get on the road early Saturday morning.

                        Tailgate invitations? I put on a huge one in Ames (to which you are invited next year), but I'm hoping to crash a few of yours this week.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by clenz View Post

                          This is the single most expensive ticket for this season. It is billed as a premium game. Hell, it's literally the only game listed as a premium game. Yet it kicks at 1.

                          Premium games don't get second fiddled to another event on campus.

                          There is over half the dome available for this game. Barring 7,000 walk up tickets on Saturday NDSU fans will out number UNI fans.

                          YAY PREMIUM GAMES KICKING AT 1PM BECAUSE VOLLEYBALL!!!!!
                          This is a dumb economic move for UNI. You are losing out on a lot of people buying tickets to this game. I am sorry but I am on the bandwagon that 1 p.m. is asinine. You are just not going to get the number of people for a 1 p.m. kickoff that you would at either 4 or 6:30.

                          I don't understand why they couldn't have simply moved the volleyball game back to 8 pm. That would have allowed for the football game to be at 4 and also get some fans from that game to go to the volleyball game afterwards.

                          This schedule creates a lesser number of people coming out to the football game. I don't see a lot of people sticking around for the volleyball match afterwards. If they would have been at 4 and 8 then you would have had a nice number of people from the football game go to the volleyball match afterwards.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by clenz View Post

                            We aren't a school that has a history of 1PM kick offs. We aren't a school that has a reason to kick at 1. There are schools that have that history. Each school has "their time". UNI has made it a tradition to not kick that early. The only weekend I think an early kick makes sense is Family Weekend. Outside of that 4pm is the earliest UNI should kick. I'm fully in the camp of 6-6:30 as a kick time.

                            NDSU's normal kick time is early afternoon. We give NDSU all the advantage for the routine of game day.

                            We picked a game time that is completely different than our home routine all because of a volleyball game that they are begging people to go to with free tickets (and I'm a big proponent of our VB program) so that people that don't stay can watch behind a paywall.

                            It's not smart. There is pretty much no other program that has, what is sold as an elite level football program, going to let their football kick off set by a volleyball match.

                            This is the single most expensive ticket for this season. It is billed as a premium game. Hell, it's literally the only game listed as a premium game. Yet it kicks at 1. Premium games don't get stuck in-between two traditional kick off times (11 and 230) and in a slot that is a rare kick off time.

                            Premium games don't get second fiddled to another event on campus. Especially a volleyball game that would draw maybe 2,000 on it's own against a team that has a horrific record against UNI and is traditionally one of the worst programs in the conference.

                            There is over half the dome available for this game. Barring 7,000 walk up tickets on Saturday NDSU fans will out number UNI fans.

                            YAY PREMIUM GAMES KICKING AT 1PM BECAUSE VOLLEYBALL!!!!!
                            Add to it that both Iowa and Iowa State kick off at 2:30, on TV.
                            "Well, that escalated quickly."

                            Comment


                            • #15


                              YAY PREMIUM GAMES KICKING AT 1PM BECAUSE VOLLEYBALL!!!!![/QUOTE]

                              It’s unfortunate you are blaming UNI VB. MVC rules require 24 hours between matches. A match Friday night at 7:00 means the match Saturday night can’t begin til 7:00... UNI doesn’t have a choice...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X