WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Up Next: North Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Up Next: North Carolina

Originally posted by Cannic88 View Post
    I disagree...I think they give us 1 game in CH for revenge...just buyout 1.
    I was mostly kidding, of course. I think so too.

Pretty fun day. On a MAJOR college football day, we're as big a story as anything.

Comment

I'm a bit late to the party, but......WOOO HOOO!!!

Comment

Was in Wichita today and attended the WSU vs. Emporia State game. At halftime the UNI vs. UNC final score was on the big board and the Shocker fans let out a big cheer.

Comment

Originally posted by Spathicle View Post
          I know it is a stretch, but I hope people see this as a good game between two good teams rather than a monumental upset. I really hope they keep the other two games on the schedule, I will definitely go to CH next fall if I can see a Panther game (win)
          I think our program has earned the right to be considered a "here they go again" win rather than a "who are these guys and where did they come from" win.
          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
            I think our program has earned the right to be considered a "here they go again" win rather than a "who are these guys and where did they come from" win.
            Absolutely correct - 31 wins was only 8 months ago.
            Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
            Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
            - George Halas

Comment

Any recruits at the game?

Comment

I was following Kansas State vs. Iowa State and then the WSU game. I just now went to check other scores around the Valley. Nearly fell off my chair when I saw the UNI/UNC score. Then I saw the #1 in front of UNC and LOVED IT! LOVED IT! LOVED IT!

Now, where is that "I am not worthy" emoticon?

A simple congratulations just seems to not be nearly enough.

Comment

A few thoughts:
                  1. Ted's defense was outstanding - very fundamentally sound. I thought we were in for a long day after Meeks put in the first four buckets, but Ted made him disappear in the second half.
                  2. They had no answer for Wes one-on-one. He was able to pick his lane and drive at will.
                  3. Huge 3-pointers in the second half! Down 50-34 and the game was slipping away when we hit 3 in a row. We have so many guys who are tremendous shooters - makes me think we will never fully be out of a game.

Going into the season, my goal was to get one of the "big names" on the schedule - UNC, ISU, or Oklahoma (assuming we would face them). Would it be too greedy to ask for another one?

Comment

Originally posted by MernerAve View Post
                    Was in Wichita today and attended the WSU vs. Emporia State game. At halftime the UNI vs. UNC final score was on the big board and the Shocker fans let out a big cheer.
                    Wow. Wasn't all that long ago that Shox fans on the ValleyTalk board were saying UNI set MVC basketball back 20 years

Comment

Boxing out, Getting to the foul line, three point shooting, and only 6 turnovers were huge.

Comment

Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
                        Wow. Wasn't all that long ago that Shox fans on the ValleyTalk board were saying UNI set MVC basketball back 20 years
                        Actually Valleytalk hasn't been around for quite a few years now. Lots of mutual respect between the fan bases on MVCfans, as there should be.

Comment

Guess we perceive time differently, doesn't seem that long ago to me.

Comment

Just got back from a full day on campus. I can't even put it into words. Being a Panther fan just keeps getting better. I was a shaky,nervous, sweaty mess those last few minutes and I would do it a hundred times more. I love you all!
                            "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

I'll just leave this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oks7AMCNqQQ
                              Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                              Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                              - George Halas

Comment

Sooo, are we ranked come Monday?

Comment

Working...
                                X