WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA and NIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custer hits game winner. Sweet sixteen for Loyola.

Comment

Congrats to Loyola! Wow! And to think that most of us MVC fans thought that adding them was a bad decision. Most of us thought they would never really be that good. Well, the Ramblers proved me wrong...big time.

Comment

This really couldn't have worked out better... Wichita jumps ship so I don't have to act like I'm rooting for them, they proceed to turn their 4 seed into a first round exit. Then Loyola steps up and gets to the second weekend. And they may get a shot at the team who beat out Wichita to win the American conference.
        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

NCAA tourney revenue shares ("units") this year are worth about $1.65 million per game you appear in.

$275k per year for 6 years for each game.

Paid to conference. MVC splits evenly across 10 teams.

Loyola's run worth close to $5 mil so far. Keep rambling boys.
          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
            NCAA tourney revenue shares ("units") this year are worth about $1.65 million per game you appear in.

Thanks for the info Blue42. This run is great for many reasons. Love watching 98 year old Sister Jean cheer on her Loyola boys from the stands.
            Last edited by panthergirl123; 03-18-2018, 01:17 AM.

Comment

I don't think it is quite as simple as taking the amount and splitting it evenly 10 ways.
              The school that is actually participating gets a portion off the top to go towards travel expenses to the site, and I'm sure the conference itself gets a part of it somewhere along the line.
              There are some details in the MVC Bylaws (section 6.11).

But yes, each game that a conference school plays in means more money for every school in the conference, so Go Ramblers!

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post
                I don't think it is quite as simple as taking the amount and splitting it evenly 10 ways.
                The school that is actually participating gets a portion off the top to go towards travel expenses to the site, and I'm sure the conference itself gets a part of it somewhere along the line.

But yes, each game that a conference school plays in means more money for every school in the conference, so Go Ramblers!
                I also thought the team who played in each game got two shares - so it's split 12 ways. 2 for the team in the tourney, 1 to the league, 9 to the other league teams. That could be wrong, but I think it's something like that. Regardless, a nice check for not doing anything. I vote next year we do it ourselves though.
                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

I know it's grasping at straws, but it helps soothe a bit of the pain knowing we didn't bow out in the MVC to some bums, and a good year in the conference wasn't for naught.

Comment

Originally posted by Username View Post
                    I know it's grasping at straws, but it helps soothe a bit of the pain knowing we didn't bow out in the MVC to some bums, and a good year in the conference wasn't for naught.
                    In St Louis we had a three in the air with 14 seconds to go that would have tied it against this team. We played them tough, and now they’re making the conference proud by winning in dramatic fashion (just like most of our NCAA wins have been).

Comment

Originally posted by vbfan19 View Post

Participating team gets some of the revenue to cover their travel expenses and the remainder is an even split.
                      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by kochrab View Post
                        Hahahaha! Down goes the not a States. Good for them that they grew up and got their dream conference only to waste a postseason. Go Marshall!

Marshall U > Gregg Marshall

Comment

The payout over six years is such a crock. The NCAA doesn't get its broadcasting rights revenue for this season over six years. They just keep finding ways to look bad to the public, only hastening their demise.

Comment

FYI: Little Caesars has to pay up on their March Madness promotion. UMBC win means that on April 2nd between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. customers can get a free $5 lunch combo at Little Caesars.

Comment

The AAC has some nerve thinking themselves a "power 6."

Comment

Rough game for UMBC. Looked a lot like us at times on offense. Stinks that they weren't able to make a few more shots and take down K-State. Great defense from both teams.

Xavier melts down in the last part of the 2nd half and gets knocked off by Florida St. This tourney is a wide open free-for-all. Brackets be damned, this is entertaining!

Comment

Working...
                                X