WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cyclonefanatic lists Kyle Green as a name to watch for vacant assistant job

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyclonefanatic lists Kyle Green as a name to watch for vacant assistant job

Seems random to me, but who knows

https://cyclonefanatic.com/2018/05/w...-coach-search/

I don't think it will happen. But if it does I quit sports...…..

Comment

Utter ****ing nonsense from a pretend journalist.

I can come up with ten reasons off the top of my head why he wouldn't go and one why he would.

Iowa State is going to promote from within.
      #MACtion

Comment

I see we’ve moved from Iowa media pretending Jake is taking every open job to apparently never leaving and Kyle wanting to leave as soon as his son is on campus.

Lazy click bait reporting from a from a little j journalist.
        "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
        -A twist on Matt Campbell getting Iowa State bowl eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
          Utter ****ing nonsense from a pretend journalist.

I can come up with ten reasons off the top of my head why he wouldn't go and one why he would.

Iowa State is going to promote from within.
          Who would Iowa State promote from within? I doubt it happens too but it’s very rare to be a first time assistant at the P5 level.

Comment

Why is this so far fetched? He’s known as a guy with strong recruiting ties, and has spent time at Marquette, a team that successfully recruits higher level talent. He’s got ties to Chicago and probably other larger metro areas that routinely produce multiple 4 and 5 star players. Iowa St would also be able to pay him more.

I don’t want to see him leave, but for his name to least be mentioned isn’t out of the question. No need to rip the writer for it. Another thing...my sense is the market for Kyle Green as an assistant at a P5 Midwest school is a hell of a lot stronger than Jakes’ as a head coach. A few mediocre seasons coupled with last years’ meltdown in the conference will do that.

Comment

Wishful thinking from a segment of cyclone fans.

Of course KG would make a qualified candidate.

But his 4* son didn't pass up ACC hoops to sign with UNI so KG could leave for Ames 2 months later.
              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                Wishful thinking from a segment of cyclone fans.

Of course KG would make a qualified candidate.

But his 4* son didn't pass up ACC hoops to sign with UNI so KG could leave for Ames 2 months later.
                Yep. Kyle has left and come back once. His kid loves the program enough to pick UNI over a program that has been a constant top 10 team over the past few years. If AJ feels that strongly, I'd bet Kyle does too. I just don't see him leaving, not right now at least.
                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Let’s start with the reasons this doesn’t make sense

His wife runs a business in town and uprooting that isn’t worth it

He has a daughter in HS

His son turned down super high major offers to play for UNI - and him.

Every time he flirted with not being at UNI he came back nearly instantly

these recruiting ties that Stein is boasting about is to the type of recruits Stein hates and has railed against for years - white kids from the upper Midwest

we could keep going but I won’t. Unless this is a 10+ fold pay raise, associate head coach position, next in line to be HC and worst of all friend hat situation, this isn’t even worth worrying about.

Its like when he was mentioned as thr next HC at Drake. Just throw names to drive clicks - especially on Williams part where he made Kyle the feature photo and made sure all media published with it was his photo. Then didn’t even list him first on his article.

click bait.
                  Last edited by clenz; 05-25-2018, 06:59 AM.
                  "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
                  -A twist on Matt Campbell getting Iowa State bowl eligible.

Comment

Chris Williams has made no secret that there are some financial struggles with Cyclone Fanatic right now.

How does Chris Williams make money? Clicks.

How do you get clicks? By throwing a familiar name and picture on your home page with ties to both an in-state university and a 4* Top 75 recruit

However, I'm sure Rima's new sidekick will have the entire Cyclone Fanatic staff on this afternoon to talk about how great Iowa State is going to be with AJ Green on. When Rima is gone that show has become basically unlistenable not that its a great listen when Rima is there in the summer.
                    #MACtion

Comment

It's May and a very slow time for most NCAA sports. Writers need something to write about that gets the readers attention. Look what it did for our board. This is the only thread that has any recent posts. i guess the writer got our attention, didn't he?
                      "They keep saying that what really matters is not whether you win or lose, but how you played the game. The trouble is that the best way to determine how you played the game is by whether you won or lost." - Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post
                        Let’s start with the reasons this doesn’t make sense

His wife runs a business in town and uprooting that isn’t worth it

He has a daughter in HS

His son turned down super high major offers to play for UNI - and him.

Every time he flirted with not being at UNI he came back nearly instantly

these recruiting ties that Stein is boasting about is to the type of recruits Stein hates and has railed against for years - white kids from the upper Midwest

we could keep going but I won’t. Unless this is a 10+ fold pay raise, associate head coach position, next in line to be HC and worst of all friend hat situation, this isn’t even worth worrying about.

Its like when he was mentioned as thr next HC at Drake. Just throw names to drive clicks - especially on Williams part where he made Kyle the feature photo and made sure all media published with it was his photo. Then didn’t even list him first on his article.

click bait.
                        Your first few statements make some sense. What I’ve spoken up about over the years are 6’2 and shorter guys from (primarily) small schools who come here and are overmatched athletically. They have a hard time creating enough separation to get good looks, and have a hard time defending at this level. White/black/purple, doesn’t matter. If that’s where KG’s recruiting skill lies, then he’d be a terrible fit at Iowa St, and a bad fit for any decent team in the MVC. In other words, most of his value would lie in connections in metro areas. Chicago, Minneapolis, wherever. He seems to have some of those from what I’ve read.

Click bait, maybe. But, it’s not out of the question that he’d be considered.

Comment

He's probably hoping that a Greg McDermott situation will replay itself. KG goes there and Ben let's AJ out of his commitment to go play for dad at ISU.

Comment

Not gonna happen

Comment

Anyone else feel like the Rockets are successfully running a version of the UNI offense?

Comment

Working...
                              X