WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upper Iowa Exhibition Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Iowa Exhibition Thread

Last game before they start counting...Sort of...Not really. This time there's no coverage except for live stats, so if you're going to game, take notes, I suppose. From what I've heard Pickford might play tonight, while Phyfe is still out indefinitely.

Video, post video y'all!

Comment

Yikes a lot of 3 pointers getting chucked up again tonight.
      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Alright, now we see how they'll play when on a cold night. Under 16 timeout, Upper Iowa leads 6-5. Panthers a cool 1-8 from the floor right now, with the only FG being a Brown steal and transition dunk. Two offensive boards already, which is nice to see.

Comment

Berhow-Pickford is going to be the best rebounding guard duo one of these years, book it.

Comment

Started 0-6 from 3, 3-4 since then.
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Under 12 timeout, UNI retakes the lead on a 13-3 run, 18-9. AJ with 8 points, Trae with 4 rebounds.

Comment

It's nice to see that Luke has gone from "literal waste of space" to serviceable. We'll see how that stands against D-I teams, but it's certainly good to see, especially since we'll need him with Phyfe out.

Comment

I hope AJ has a good chiropractor, because I have a feeling he's going to be carrying the team a lot these next four years. Under 8, UNI up 25-13, AJ with 11 points and 4 for 6 shooting.

Comment

Suddenly we're an offensive rebounding team, 16 missed shots, 6 offensive boards. And this is all without one of the best rebounding guards in the country.

Comment

Under 4, UNI leads 29-16. AJ with 13 points, Trae with 8 (!) rebounds. Not digging the AST-TO ratio right now, 3-6. As in, 3 assists to 6 turnovers. That and the shots actually falling are the only two complaints right now.

Comment

1:57 to go, Upper Iowa has scored exactly once since their free throws at 8:05. I was skeptical of the uptempo offense combined with the packline, but so far, it seems to be working quite well. But as I've been repeating, it's still a much lower competition level. I'll see how it works against D-I schools before singing its praises.

Course as soon as I type that, UIU gets a three to fall.

Comment

Half time, 40-20 UNI. Not quite the 75 or whatever it was from the other day, but I'll take doubling up your opponent no matter the margin. AJ with 13 points, Trae almost had a double double with 8 points and 11 rebounds, Wyatt with 9 points. 4-15 from 3 pt range as a team, AJ is 3-5 himself. Upper Iowa shooting 22% in general.

Comment

We will once again live or die by the three but much like 2015 this year's team should be much better equipped to play that style successfully.

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
                              We will once again live or die by the three but much like 2015 this year's team should be much better equipped to play that style successfully.
                              Well shoot, not even, take away all the made threes and we're still up 8. What's nice is that this team is equipped to live or die by the three, like you said, but there's also so much more they can do. AJ shoots like Bo and drives like Wes, Pickford will hopefully have his midrange back, Brown so far does have a midrange, Wyatt can drive and shoot, Phyfe can post and shoot along with Biggie (though we haven't actually seen the ball in his hands much so far). It's a team that can score anywhere (on paper), and thus shouldn't need to live or die by the three. Just live.

Comment

Working...
                              X