WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 10: Colorado (AP #20) Tuesday, Dec 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 10: Colorado (AP #20) Tuesday, Dec 10

Tyler Bey 6’7” 216lbs - medium scorer, but has a GameBox +/- = 16.7 6.4 blocks/game and 4.7 steals.
    - A +/- of 16.7 is huge. Have to try to get him in foul trouble.

D’Shawn Schwartz 6’7” 232 LBS GameBox +/- 7.2

Evan Battey 6’8” 262lbs GameBox +/- 6.1

Lucas Siewert 6'10" 232 LBS GameBox +/- 2.4

They have 2 games before us and we obviously have none. that is definitely good for us when it comes to game prep. Ty and the pg for Colorado are friends, both from MN. I’m pretty optimistic about this team, so cautiously optimistic about our chances. Phyfe needs to stay out of foul trouble for us to have a solid chance in this game.

Comment

McKinley Wright is possibly my favorite college basketball player to watch. The team goes as he goes. Impacts the game in a ton of different ways. Seems to always make the right decisions and find open guys. Hopefully we can at least make things difficult for him and try to limit his supporting cast.

Comment

If Zay can handle Wright, we've got a shot. Undoubtedly the biggest key to the game.
        #MACtion

Comment

This game will be tough, but it can't be set up much better for us - 3 days after Colorado plays #2 Kansas and 3 days before their in state rivalry with Colorado St. Hopefully we come ready to play.

On another note, is this a buy game? I can't recall how this game came about.
          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
            Yes, buy game.
            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
              This game will be tough, but it can't be set up much better for us - 3 days after Colorado plays #2 Kansas and 3 days before their in state rivalry with Colorado St. Hopefully we come ready to play.

I believe it is a buy game and it came about as an opportunity as we were already out West to complete a home/home with Grand Canyon later in the week.
              UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
              iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                If Zay can handle Wright, we've got a shot. Undoubtedly the biggest key to the game.
                Would Zay have Wright or Bey? Does Jake usually have him cover the best player or leading scorer?

Comment

A lot of ppl talking about the difficulty of getting this game. Fubo has a 7 day free trial and carries the pac 12 network. As long as you have a tv made in the last 8 years it should be pretty easy to watch this game with just a small amount of effort. Anyone lucky enough to be in the cf area can catch the game at the OP on university.

Comment

I watched the game last night on p12 on firstrow on my iPad. Difficult to click the little x's on the popup garbage, but not too bad.

Comment

I just booked a $97 round trip flight out of Cedar Rapids on Monday and coming back Wednesday. It's to Denver but that's not a bad drive to Boulder from there. Nice little mini vacation. Anyone else making the trip?

Comment

Originally posted by DecadePanther View Post
                        I just booked a $97 round trip flight out of Cedar Rapids on Monday and coming back Wednesday. It's to Denver but that's not a bad drive to Boulder from there. Nice little mini vacation. Anyone else making the trip?
                        I live in Steamboat Springs, CO, so it wouldn't be a bad drive for me, but unfortunately with it being on a Tuesday night it just won't work with my work schedule.

Comment

Tad Boyle get us and respects the hell out of us....

"They're the second-best team we've played all year behind KU," Boyle said. "Clemson has better athletes, Clemson runs good stuff, but Northern Iowa's got guys that can shoot it from multiple positions. They're not as athletic — you look at them in warmups, they don't look like Clemson. They don't play in the ACC. But they've got tough-minded Midwestern kids who understand how to play the game and they're well-coached. It's a dangerous game."
                          They dare you to beat them with jump shots," Boyle said. "They double the post, especially when you post your four man on them. We're going to have to handle that … We have to be patient enough to get the ball moved from side to side and get the ball in the paint, whether it's on a post up or a drive. When we settle for one-pass jump shots and quick jumpers, it's advantage Northern Iowa."
                          #MACtion

Comment

Holy **** BILL WALTON is calling the game!!!!
                            #MACtion

Comment

Hopefully the players are doing a better job of overlooking us than their coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X