WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keeping an eye on the national rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this site which is pretty easy to navigate and look at various rankings. http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2020/index

Comment

GCU only has to move up 9 spots to get into Quad 3. Which they should do now that they're all eligible.
      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
        GCU only has to move up 9 spots to get into Quad 3. Which they should do now that they're all eligible.
        I'm quite confident Marshall will hit Q3 territory safely as well, maybe even Q2 if they really get rolling in a not awesome Conference USA

Comment

Quad 3 really does nothing for ya. If it's not Quad 1 or Quad 2, it might as well be a junior high school.

Comment

Don't look at South Carolina score. Still time but

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
              Don't look at South Carolina score. Still time but
              Stetson #323 in the NET.

Comment

If GCU is a quad three team and we beat them on the road does that count as a quad 2 win? Also I think Marshall may win their conference with that #0 back they are a completely different team with him.

Comment

I highly doubt Marshall wins Conference USA. Western Kentucky and/or Louisiana Tech will likely win that league.

To answer the question about beating a Quad 3 on the road equaling a Quad 2? Not necessarily. There's some overlap in the rankings according to where a team finishes in the NET Ranking. This is what it looks like...
                  Quadrant 1 (Q1): Home (1-30) Neutral (1-50) Away (1-75)
                  Quadrant 2 (Q2): Home (31-75) Neutral (51-100) Away (76-135)
                  Quadrant 3 (Q3): Home (76-160) Neutral (101-200) Away (136-240)
                  Quadrant 4 (Q4): Home (161-353) Neutral (201-353) Away (241-353)

Comment

Originally posted by beef50677 View Post
                    I highly doubt Marshall wins Conference USA. Western Kentucky and/or Louisiana Tech will likely win that league.

To answer the question about beating a Quad 3 on the road equaling a Quad 2? Not necessarily. There's some overlap in the rankings according to where a team finishes in the NET Ranking. This is what it looks like...
                    Quadrant 1 (Q1): Home (1-30) Neutral (1-50) Away (1-75)
                    Quadrant 2 (Q2): Home (31-75) Neutral (51-100) Away (76-135)
                    Quadrant 3 (Q3): Home (76-160) Neutral (101-200) Away (136-240)
                    Quadrant 4 (Q4): Home (161-353) Neutral (201-353) Away (241-353)
                    Idk beef, I'm not overly impressed with WKU, especially with Bassey out. LT maybe, but regardless with the CUSA setup marshall and ODU will get more win opportunities so that's a positive for us.

Comment

Marshall should win their conference. WKU is not the team they were with their star center out. LA tech is solid and will be their biggest challenge. If I were a sports gambler I'd put money on Marshall and feel confident.

Comment

I saw Bassey was hurt, didn't know it was season ending...that'll hurt the Hilltoppers.

Comment

South Carolina dropped to a quad 3 win. Can beat Virginia on the road, loses to Stetson at home.

Comment

Guess we don't need this thread anymore.
                            Selling a lot of old UNI stuff here: http://www.panthernation.com/showthread.php?t=65762

Comment

Dave over at Bracketville Hoops have us in the first four out and Indiana State getting the automatic.

https://bracketville.wordpress.com/bracketology/

Comment

Lunardi has us first 4 out with Loyola getting the auto bid currently.

Comment

Working...
                                X