WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 14 - Bradley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 14 - Bradley

Here's to the ISUred game being a fluke and getting back on track in the McLeod Center. You better believe the guys had this one marked on the calendar, as there is some payback due from what happened last March.

Originally posted by Gboom23 View Post
    Here's to the ISUred game being a fluke and getting back on track in the McLeod Center. You better believe the guys had this one marked on the calendar, as there is some payback due from what happened last March.
    I think it's absolutely a fluke that we gave up 56 points in the 2nd half on Tuesday, but we also really need to clean up our ball-handling as well. We turn the ball over waaaaay too much.

I hope we come out with some real defensive intensity right from the gate.

Comment

Alright, I think I'm over Tuesday's disappointing performance (probably not, actually) and now it's time to come back swinging. Perhaps we weren't as good as we thought but I still think we're the class of the Valley

Comment

Pummel them and take out our frustrations from last March and last game. Add on a bogus 6 point possession for good measure. 75-58.
        Last edited by UNI Ka-Bullseye; 01-02-2020, 11:18 PM.

Comment

My enthusiasm balloon popped on Tuesday. Hopefully we will find out if it is possible to unpop an enthusiasm balloon.

Comment

Re-energized. We weren't going to go 18-0.

This team goes all Gregggggggg and #PlaysAngry and we win big.
            #MACtion

Comment

I expect Spencer to be out for quite a while. This will leave a huge hole in our team as far as ball handling and shooting as well as his timely playmaking.

It will be enormous for us to find somebody to step up and pick up that slack one way or another. I would assume Kimmons would step into the starting 5 for ball handling purposes.
              UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
              iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Rima tweeted last night about Spencer...

"Badly sprained left ankle and didn't practice on Thursday and that would make him questionable for Saturday. Spending a lot of time with trainer Don Bishop."

I don't really know what to think of it, but even being considered for a game 4 days after a badly sprained ankle seems like a bit of a stretch. Hopefully the "badly" part is just being exaggerated, rather than his status for the Saturday being kind of downplayed. Didn't an ankle injury end Wyatt's season a couple years ago? I really hope that's not the case and maybe there was more to Wyatt's injury, but it's one of the first things that came to mind when it happened.
                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Likely means more opportunities for Pickford, Kimmons and Carter. Whoever is playing the best on a given day likely sees the floor down the stretch.

Would be great if Pickford could develop into at least somewhat of a threat offensively. The effort, D, and rebounding are there but he has been a nonfactor on offense.

Comment

I need a complete game for my excitement to be reenergized. I didn't expect us to win every game but losing to a bad ISUred team just plain hurt, especially since our NET was doing so well (even though it still is). All that to say, I'll be cheering loud from my living room in Colorado on Saturday. Can't imagine the guys were pleased with their performance. Hope we pack the mac and support this great team. Go panthers!

Comment

A badly sprained ankle can be worse than a break. Let's hope for the best and see if we can get some of these guys to step up their game. Noah was great in the first half and then didn't make it back after halftime. Would be good to see Pickford develop some offense though his game seems to be closer to the rim but he doesn't spend much time working down there. Would love to see frustrations taken out on BU with a convincing win but we haven't shown a killer instinct for a while. Let's get on a win streak again Saturday night.
                      If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                        Likely means more opportunities for Pickford, Kimmons and Carter. Whoever is playing the best on a given day likely sees the floor down the stretch.

Would be great if Pickford could develop into at least somewhat of a threat offensively. The effort, D, and rebounding are there but he has been a nonfactor on offense.
                        I think Pickford has embraced his role up to this point in the season. I think he knows he isn't a knockdown shooter, but he's been good defensively and is always a threat on the offensive glass. He's also done a good job getting into the lane and finding guys and I expect to see more of that. You lose some shooting with Spencer going down, but gain defensively and on the glass.

Comment

I'm not expecting to see Spencer.

Let's go fellas. We don't get many Saturday night games. Let's make it electric in there.
                          "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

People forget that before Ty got hurt his freshman year he wasn't a knockdown shooter, but was streaky and could hot 2,3,4 in a game. As he continues to get practice reps at full strength, that confidence will come back. Just need to be patient with him is all.
                            Last edited by Wxcpanther; 01-03-2020, 01:52 PM.

Comment

The way I recall his freshman year is that he normally had 2-3 offensive rebound put back/dunks per game.
                              GO PANTHERS!

Comment

Working...
                              X