WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 17- Valpo (Black out!)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Game 17- Valpo (Black out!)

    Here's to hopefully a really good crowd being the students first game back, need the people who showed up all winter break to make another appearance and pack the Mac!

  • #2
    Keep JFL quiet and we win big. Hopefully we are still carrying momentum off that MSU beat down.

    16pt favorites per Barttorvik, 12pt favorites per kenpom

    Comment


    • #3
      This for sure feels like the kind of game that we should win big but don't. Pencil me down for "6 point victory after a one possession game for most of the last few minutes."

      Hope I'm wrong and it's another throttling.

      Comment


      • #4
        Two players have a positive BoxPlusMinus:
        JF-Liberty: +5.6
        Ryan Fazekas +11.8 (two game sample, hand injury early in OOC, possible return?)

        We should win going away. Keep working on defense.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
          This for sure feels like the kind of game that we should win big but don't. Pencil me down for "6 point victory after a one possession game for most of the last few minutes."

          Hope I'm wrong and it's another throttling.
          Wasn’t this orangetennis’s strategy for the MSU game? Hope it works here again!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by sivert View Post
            Two players have a positive BoxPlusMinus:
            JF-Liberty: +5.6
            Ryan Fazekas +11.8 (two game sample, hand injury early in OOC, possible return?)

            We should win going away. Keep working on defense.
            Is there actual possibility of Fazekas return? Or just throwing it out there because Childs was also supposed to be out but then came back for exactly one game (against us)?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by UNI Ka-Bullseye View Post

              Is there actual possibility of Fazekas return? Or just throwing it out there because Childs was also supposed to be out but then came back for exactly one game (against us)?
              Someone said it might happen on the MVC forum.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by UNI Ka-Bullseye View Post

                Wasn’t this orangetennis’s strategy for the MSU game? Hope it works here again!
                Pretty much.
                I hope this isn't a trap game. Valpo hasn't been that bad this season, (they have some quality loses). We won't coast to a win if we don't bring our best effort.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Valpo has been better than predicted. This is a matchup of the two stop scorers in the league in AJ and Freeman-Liberty.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Uni -10.5
                    o/u 140.5

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I hope they are not looking ahead to Bradley this weekend just yet. One game at a time. Keep it rolling.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Does anyone look ahead to Bradley? Come on.
                        If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by UNIGrainer View Post
                          Valpo has been better than predicted. This is a matchup of the two stop scorers in the league in AJ and Freeman-Liberty.
                          Another way to look at it is as a matchup between JFL and Za.
                          And then who's going to defend AJ and co. Hopefully AJ is spending time working on passing out of the double team.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by sivert View Post

                            Another way to look at it is as a matchup between JFL and Za.
                            And then who's going to defend AJ and co. Hopefully AJ is spending time working on passing out of the double team.
                            AJ will get multiple guys thrown his way, but I'd be really surprised if JFL isn't the main guy guarding him. It may cause some weird matchups elsewhere on the floor, but that's their best defender and I'm sure they'll at least try to make someone other than AJ beat them

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Another game where we need to take care of the ball and be ready for an underrated team to give us their best shot.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X