WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023-24 Around the League and Other Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023-24 Around the League and Other Games of Interest

We obviously need to take care of our own business, but North Carolina was down late in the first half with Radford. It would probably be ideal if North Carolina were ranked for that Atlantis matchup.

Mo State was up at the half on West Virginia as well.

5 Valley teams who played non-D1s have either won or are up handily. Kind of meh after that - Bradley was up 16 at half and has scored 8 points in 13 minutes of the second half so far.
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

UIC looks much better than they did at any point last year.

Bradley has life again
      #MACtion

Comment

Evansville got a nice win over Miami Ohio, belmont scraped by Georgia state for the win, Bradley UAB currently in overtime.

Comment

Bradley gets the w in ot

Comment

3-2 in D1 games, not a terrible start for the Valley. Loses MO St to West Virginia and UIC to Cincinnati. Belmont was the only Valley team favored to win tonight.
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

That's an important win for Bradley. UAB should be in the top 4 or 5 in the AAC.

The league had a great night last night.

Only question is whether Cincy is still bad or if UIC is improved. Okani looked great for them.
              #MACtion

Comment

UIC up four at Loyola, 3:00 minutes left in the game. Not sure how good Loyola is this year, but they’ve won 10 straight vs UIC. Loyola hasn’t hit a three in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                  UIC up four at Loyola, 3:00 minutes left in the game. Not sure how good Loyola is this year, but they’ve won 10 straight vs UIC. Loyola hasn’t hit a three in the second half.
                  It would sure be a shame if UIC wins this one.

Comment

I don't know if it'll end up being a good win, but I'll always smile when Loyola loses, especially to a Valley team. Way to go UIC. Nice to see Marquise Kennedy, who just transferred from Loyola to UIC, go 6-6 from the FT line the last minute to seal the win.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                      Flames beat the "'blers". (What is Loyola thinking with that abbreviation)?
                      Has UIC improved, or has LUC fallen this far?

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

Yes.

10 characters

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

Hard to say. From what I saw in the 2nd half, UIC plays an attacking style of D. They forced, or at least helped, Loyola to take some ugly looking shots. Per TV, Loyola’s leading scorer left the game with an injury in the 1st half and didn’t return. Give UIC credit though. A road win is a road win.

Comment

Loyola built everything on the backs of two unrecruited players that happened to turn into generational mid-major superstars and happened to play largely at the same time.

Meanwhile no one showed up to watch them play because no one in the town cares, and the coach bolted first chance he got. A few good years and a few wins doesn't make make a good program - a good program comes from long term support from fans, the school, the facilities, the recruiting footprint, etc.

And then they left to a conference where their one big advantage, that city, was much less of a recruiting advantage and all that travel is going to make it tougher in a basketball season especially.

Loyola's A-10 demise was always inevitable in my mind. But I've been very wrong about other things I was equally sure on.

Edit: but there is a lot to be really optimistic about with UIC so I think it's a little of both. Their kenpom has jumped 50 spots in 3 games already, that's impressive even if you did start with plenty of room to grow at 243.
                            Last edited by nadf; 11-14-2023, 09:00 PM.

Comment

MVC runs Chicago, I been saying it. Great stuff from the Flames

Comment

Working...
                              X