WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2021 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2021 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Committed
    Name Height Pos Hometown High School Link
    Michael Duax 6-5 F Dubuque, IA Hempstead VC
    Chase Courbat 6-9 C Cedar Falls, IA Cedar Falls VC
    Landon Wolf 6-5 G Cedar Falls, IA Cedar Falls VC

Offered
    Name Height Pos Hometown High School Link

Committed Elsewhere
    Name Height Pos Hometown High School Link School
    Will Tschetter 6-8 F Stewartville, MN Stewartville VC Michigan
    Last edited by Moose39; Yesterday, 09:30 AM.

Very nice. So far, no offers or anything other than "UNI might be watching" but I would expect it to start picking up once we start getting into high school season.

Comment

Duax just committed. Very good player.

Comment

He was a big priority for the staff. Good to get him locked up early.

Incredibly versatile. Very advanced defensively for that age. Long, skilled wing player on both ends.
        #MACtion

Comment

Jake continues a hot run in the state of Iowa.

​​​​​​Really has some nice momentum rolling here...as well as in Minnesota.
          ​​​​​​
          Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Tucker going to drake. Player with about the same hype as AJ but some may argue better offers. I dislike the drake fan base a little so this will surly be annoying as they will be much better with him. Good for the valley tho. interested to see Daux and him go at it for 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
              Tucker going to drake. Player with about the same hype as AJ but some may argue better offers. I dislike the drake fan base a little so this will surly be annoying as they will be much better with him. Good for the valley tho. interested to see Daux and him go at it for 4 years.
              What offers did Devries have that were better than Virginia?
              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

What offers did Devries have that were better than Virginia?
                I read Oregon, Florida, Iowa State and Creighton. It's a pretty good list.
                Does anyone else see Larry Bird in his game?

Comment

AJ didn't have offers because he was a done deal to UNI from the start. Tucker didn't grow up around the Drake program. His dad was an assistant for Dana for a million years and grew up around Creighton.

Thinking a fringe Top 150 kid that isn't the best player on his high school team is in AJs league is asinine no matter what the Register tells you.

That said he's going to have a solid career at Drake and will be a high end Valley player. He feels the game really well. If Darian wouldn't have gotten him and with the transfer issues they've got, it was starting to look like typical Drake again. Hopefully keeps the trajectory right because this league needs as many good teams as it can get.
                  #MACtion

Comment

He’s ranked 101, aj was like 76?? On rivals. Oregon and Florida are absolutely solid offers. To say he isn’t in Aj’s league seems more asinine than thinking he is. Based on offers and rankings he’s absolutely in the same neighborhood. Saying he isn’t the best player on his team isn’t a knock on him lol. Harrison barns was the best player on his team. The guy who was second was playing in the league. The logic of that argument is very flawed. I’m not saying he’ll be as good as AJ but out of high school he’s similar in hype. He’s got good offers and should be a solid player.

Comment

He’s ranked 101, aj was like 76?? On rivals. Oregon and Florida are absolutely solid offers. To say he isn’t in Aj’s league seems more asinine than thinking he is. Based on offers and rankings he’s absolutely in the same neighborhood. Saying he isn’t the best player on his team isn’t a knock on him lol. Harrison barns was the best player on his team. The guy who was second was playing in the league. The logic of that argument is very flawed. I’m not saying he’ll be as good as AJ but out of high school he’s similar in hype. He’s got good offers and should be a solid player.
                      I agree with this. Devries matches up very favorably with AJ as a high school recruit. Like AJ, his offers were limited by his dad being in the mix. Hence three of his final four being schools with professional ties to his family - Drake, Creighton, and Oregon. Throw in Iowa State, which was a draw to him due to the atmosphere at Hilton, and style of play. No dad at Drake, and a boatload of other P5 offers follow. I thought Iowa State would land him, but happy to see him in the Valley. The Valley needs more AJ, Devries level recruits.

Also, by most accounts he was a slightly higher ranked recruit than his teammate Peyton Sandfort, who signed with Iowa. Devries was ranked nationally at 103, Sandfort at 138. I’ve seen them play a few times. Both guys are 1A and 1B for that team. Waukee also has Sandfort’s younger brother, who I think is a sophomore this year. He’s drawing interest from high major schools, with offers to follow based on press reports.

Comment

Landon Wolf commits to UNI

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
                          Man... UNI is going to be able to shoot. Just loading up on kids that are lights out from outside. I think that was good to get a commitment from him before the season starts. He has a lot of potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
                            Good news!
                            I'm excited to see his development over the next year. He's relatively unknown at this point in his HS career due to his age, # of varsity games played and of course covid.
                            He reminds me of Matty Bo. He's not the quickest guy but good footwork, good bball IQ, good hands on both ends of the floor and of course a great shot with a quick release. He'll stretch defenses and be able to guard multiple positions.
                            He'll pair well with Born.

Comment

A big factor for a players rankings is the offers they receive. Had AJ not been KG's son, he would have seen more offers and been ranked higher.

Comment

Working...
                              X