WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Devon Moore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devon Moore

Future Panther QB?

Heard an unsubstantiated rumor today. Anybody heard anything?

He has announced transfer from ISU.
    AMES -- Iowa State and multiple other media sources have confirmed former Waterloo West star quarterback Devon Moore has left the football program.
    Last edited by 06panther10; 12-04-2018, 03:46 PM.
    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
    Future Panther QB?

Heard an unsubstatiated rumor today. Anybody heard anything?

He has announced transfer from ISU.
    Haven't heard anything. But if you had to pick one school at the moment I would say we would be the favorite.

Comment

I'd take him in a heartbeat. Big arm, good feet, thinks through the game really well. He'd be a 3 year starter here and probably an all-league guy with his natural talents.

However, I work with a friend's mom, and her gut is South Dakota. Good relationship with Nielsen. Wasn't impressed with Farley in first recruiting process. I hope I'm wrong and playing at home means more to him than she thinks it does.
      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
        I'd take him in a heartbeat. Big arm, good feet, thinks through the game really well. He'd be a 3 year starter here and probably an all-league guy with his natural talents.

However, I work with a friend's mom, and her gut is South Dakota. Good relationship with Nielsen. Wasn't impressed with Farley in first recruiting process. I hope I'm wrong and playing at home means more to him than she thinks it does.
        USD’s QB was only a Jr this year, FYI.
        UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
        iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

I heard he has already left school. Doesn't sound like a good decision credit wise.

Comment

This is a QB decision I would support, even from Farley. Mr. Moore, come home!

Comment

Been wondering if this might come to pass since Brock Purdy got that starting job in Ames.

Panthers have seemed to be looking for another QB on the recruiting trail.

Already have a commitment from Nate Martens...the big lefty from StL.
              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Interestingly...his Twitter account icon is now a pic of him playing ball for W-West in the UNI-Dome.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by panther1 View Post
                  This is a QB decision I would support, even from Farley. Mr. Moore, come home!

But... what would we do with Keller? He's such an awesome QB he was the get of the class.
                  (please note high level sarcasm)

Comment

Interesting factoid. My nephew and Devon Moore both had QB offers at Toledo before Campbell came to Iowa State, but it made sense for Campbell to offer Moore (from Iowa) at Iowa State rather than my nephew (from Ohio). In hindsight, we were disappointed, but maybe it was for the best as Campbell has brought in some top QBs (Purdy had a late offer from Alabama and Mitchell had offers from Arizona and Air Force) and now Moore has moved on.
                    Last edited by UNIdad; 12-04-2018, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Would be great to have him. He'd step in as a top 2 or 3 kid on the depth chart from day 1

Having said that - he's shown as much on the college level as any QB not named Eli Dunne that we will have on campus next year.

When looking at Moore's numbers to McElvain's they are nearly identical. He also was an Iowa State signee (sure, walk-on vs scholarship) but it could be that a large reason of Moore getting a scholarship at Iowa State is Campbell trying to get him to Toledo - and then making sure he has some kids coming into Ames with him and the size difference. Will is not a big kid - 5'10 180sh lbs. Devon is 6'4 220ish.

Sullivan has really damn good tape. He's a thrower. But he's small. 6'1 and listed at 200 but it's a small 200. I like what I saw on film from him but a wildcard.

Ellsworth is a complete wildcard. Have seen or heard nothing of him in his 3 years on campus.

Keller we've talked about ad nausem here. His bio still doesn't have any stats of any kind from high school listed.
                      Gillett seems like a non factor walk on.

Then the incoming QB

Nate Martens:
                      He's 6'3 220. A lefty just like Devon. Similar rankings. Less athletic. Big arm. UNI was in early so he stuck with us.

Plus a potential transfer from a JUCO or other FBS transfer.
                      GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

Have to admit I'm of two minds on DM coming in.

I'm really intrigued to see McElvain get a shot. I think he could be our next Eric Sanders. A kid who doesn't look the part enough to get a shot at FBS but a gamer who can make plays...plays that win games. Like ES did.

Sullivan is probably underrated.

Ellsworth I suspect we will never see under center but contributes in other ways. Sounds like the kind of kid u want in the program.

Keller will have to get some snaps to tell the take. We're all wondering but no one really knows. Athletic yes...can he play QB at this level...TBD.

Gillett I don't know much about but I watched his high school tape and it looked a lot better than I expected.

Martens will RS next year I'm sure.

Comment

Like you guys, I’m curious to see what McElvain can do at the FCS level. 5’10 in height, we’ll see. I’ve read enough on here to guess he’s made plays in practice. He must be doing something to generate some buzz, otherwise Farley wouldn’t have gone out of his way to mention him a few times. Same with Sullivan. There’s enough chatter here that he must have looked good in practice.

Moore sounds intriguing, but the ISU transfer who I’m curious about is Zeb Noland. Big kid, big arm, has starting experience, etc. He’s also young enough that he can’t be a grad transfer, so he loses a year unless he goes FCS. He not very mobile, but if he gets protection, a guy like that could do some damage with the receivers we have returning.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                            Like you guys, I’m curious to see what McElvain can do at the FCS level. 5’10 in height, we’ll see. I’ve read enough on here to guess he’s made plays in practice. He must be doing something to generate some buzz, otherwise Farley wouldn’t have gone out of his way to mention him a few times. Same with Sullivan. There’s enough chatter here that he must have looked good in practice.

Moore sounds intriguing, but the ISU transfer who I’m curious about is Zeb Noland. Big kid, big arm, has starting experience, etc. He’s also young enough that he can’t be a grad transfer, so he loses a year unless he goes FCS. He not very mobile, but if he gets protection, a guy like that could do some damage with the receivers we have returning.
                            I like Moore's natural skills a lot more than Noland's. Devon also has better mechanics and footwork from what I've seen.
                            #MACtion

Comment

Delton from Kansas State is leaving. Terrible arm, good runner.....sounds like a great fit

Comment

Working...
                              X