WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schwab Interviewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schwab Interviewing

I've just learned-not fully verified though-that Schwab is apparently a finalist for the Illinois head coaching job, and has already interviewed.

Apparently, Schwab, Mark Branch, Mike Poeta, and Tony Ramos are the finalists.

Yikes! I'd hate to see him go, but that would clearly be a good gig to fall into.
    Last edited by A Fan In Lean Years; 04-16-2021, 09:04 AM.

I will fully admit my knowledge of wrestling is very limited, but is this a desired position or is desired because it is in the big10?

Comment

Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post
      I will fully admit my knowledge of wrestling is very limited, but is this a desired position or is desired because it is in the big10?
      Every Big Ten job is a good job.
      #MACtion

Comment

It may not quite be his "dream job," but it's a significant step up, mainly because it is a successful Big 10 program. Great facilities, bigger budget, and a ton of kids to recruit from in the state.

I will always wish him the best, and it's an opportunity that he can't pass on, but I'd hate to see him go. It would be our loss.

Comment

Originally posted by A Fan In Lean Years View Post

It may not quite be his "dream job," but it's a significant step up, mainly because it is a successful Big 10 program. Great facilities, bigger budget, and a ton of kids to recruit from in the state.

I will always wish him the best, and it's an opportunity that he can't pass on, but I'd hate to see him go. It would be our loss.
          Thanks for the info! If he does end up leaving, do any current guys on the roster follow him?

Comment

Where is he interviewing?
            "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
              Where is he interviewing?
              University of Illinois.

Comment

Thanks for the info! If he does end up leaving, do any current guys on the roster follow him?
                There's always that possibility, but your guess would be as good as mine.

Comment

Gophers .

Comment

I suppose that would make the guy who wants the program to go in a "new direction" happy

Comment

Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                      Gophers .
                      What about the Gophers?

Comment

I have to believe that Schwab and Mark Branch have to equally be the top candidates for this job.

I also read that if Heffernan (the retiring coach at Illinois) offers recommendations that he would likely recommend Mike Poeta, as he was his assistant, but that seems to be guess work to me.

Comment

Some guy on Twitter named @MattScoutWillie is say Schwab turned down the Illinois job.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherFan View Post
                            Some guy on Twitter named @MattScoutWillie is say Schwab turned down the Illinois job.
                            Turned it down?! Why interview for it then? Perhaps the offer was not suitable enough.

Comment

I could have been that he didn't feel at home with the job.

Comment

Working...
                              X